“Great staff”

Fred's Market Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 456 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: American
Description: Fred's Market Restaurant serves up a special taste of farm-to-plate freshness, on our MarketTableTM. Our food is slowly cooked in a natural and unprocessed way, served in a cozy atmosphere full of warmth and fun. We don't compromise on quality or character whether it's the ingredients in our dishes or the attitudes of our people. It's southern comfort that's pure and hearty all the way to the core and it's all found at Fred's Market Restaurant.
Reviewed March 30, 2013

The food was good and the staff were wonderful! We were there for the lunch buffet - the price was great for the amount of food my husband ate :o)

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I'm not a big buffet fan in general, but I liked this place due to the much better than expected food quality at exceptional pricing.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Fred's features good home cookin' and Southern food. Excellent value for the money and just great tasing food. It's not all fried and there are many selections of good freshly prepared vegetables for those so inclined. A great reasonably priced place to eat.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

There's a new Fred's Market near Brandon FL that was recommended to us for a "southern style" dinner. We pulled up on a weeknight and the place was packed--we had to wait for a parking spot! We took that as a good sign that others liked the food. Inside the wait was about 15 minutes for a table. But it was worth the wait!

The menu has a unique feature called a "waste not, want not" discount. This was a saying of Fred's Momma, and he incorporated it into the restaurant policy by offering a $2 discount if you clean your plate. The food was a plentiful buffet, with a hot food bar, a salad bar, desserts and soups all for one price. My wife kept saying "this is just like my grandmother used to make" as she ate fried catfish, hush puppies, okra and grits. She topped it off with two slices of pecan pie--my wife only weighs 110 pounds! But she sure enjoyed eating at Fred's.

It is no doubt the best "all-you-can-eat " buffet we have eaten at--much better than the Chinese ones we have locally. I am vegetarian and found more than enough to eat. There is something for everyone, and then some...just remember to clean your plate!

1  Thank CarpentersHelper
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My wife and I were skeptical when family invited us to this southern style all you can eat buffet. We are not into fried foods, etc. We were very pleasantly surprised that they offered many healthy dishes and they were so very tasty.

The prices are already good without the $2 back if you do not leave food on your plate. This is done to discourage waste. If you are unsure about a particular dish, take a small portion to try it out. I had a bite of pecan pie that my wife recommended. Although pecan pie is not one I would choose, it was delicious.

The service is wonderful - glasses were filled quickly and empty plates removed promptly. The staff is very friendly.

One problem with the food, service and prices being so good is that at meal times this place must get very busy. I arrived after lunch on a Tuesday and by the time I left it was already getting filled.

I will definitely return when in the area.