“Information for last review”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Lakeland East
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I would just like to say, the minute the management read my last review, they contacted me immediately and apologized for any problems I had during my stay. They also advised me that they were refunding me my nights I stayed there to show they were committed to improving their hotel and that they were serious about correcting any problems, they assured me the problems I listed were going to be taken care of. I was very impressed with the managements commitment to improving their hotel. I would reconsider staying at this location when I am in Lakeland. Thank you La Quinta!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joey G

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I was there for business. The staff was very helpful, The meeting room at LaQuinta was nice, clean and easy to use. The hotel room was comfortable, quiet and had a microwave and a refrigerator. That was very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Had an overall good stay with my daughter and two grandsons. Boys (10 & 7) really enjoyed the pool. We had a late breakfast and some of the fresh fruits were gone. Otherwise OK.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
A La Quinta traveler
Jacksonville, Florida, USA
Reviewed May 9, 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 4, 2012

The rooms, and staff are average. However, the "high speed wi-fi" is an absolute lie! If you need to do ANYTHING online..... STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ToolRock
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I have to agree with Relaxin21's review about the clientele in the lobby and in front of the hotel. We saw all of the road workers who stay here and they do hang out by the front door smoking. We booked this hotel while going to Sun N Fun. As soon as we arrived we knew we were in trouble. The hotel faces I-4. If you have a room on the front side of the hotel you overlook I-4. Perhaps all of the other people who said the road noise was not an issue are either really sound sleepers or had rooms on the back side of the property. Check in was speedy and the front desk staff was nice but didn't really care. When we got to our room on the 3rd floor (a non smoking room) and opened the door we knew we were in trouble! Not only did the room almost shake from each passing truck on I-4, someone had smoked in the room and the cleaning staff had tried to cover it up or perhaps the filter in the a/c was poor.The room stunk. Also the whole place needs a refurbishing and the one elevator was very slow. The door didn't close behind you (no spring). We went downstairs to complain about the noise and were told they were booked and that I-4 would be quieter around 10:00 p.m. (it really wasn't). We decided to go back to the night program at Sun N Fun just to stay away. As soon as we got back I got onto the free and VERY SLOW wi-fi and found us a different place to stay in Orlando for the next night. The I-4 noise, noisy air conditioner and smell of the room kept us up all night and the next morning we both woke up to sore throats. Went to the breakfast in the morning which was pretty picked over by 8:30 a.m. The one saving grace of the property is when we went to check out (a day early) the front desk clerk (I think a manager) asked why. I told her it was the noise (she said they were full last night but could move us tonight) and the former smoker in the room. She volunteered to take 50% off our bill which was nice jester. So for a $45 a night hotel room this place was ok. But a $90 a night room it was not ok. Another positive is there is a very nice Cracker Barrell Restaurant next door that had excellent service.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room that does not face I-4 or pack ear plugs!