“Horrible Customer Service”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 28, 2010

We were staying with my daughter's softball team for a state tournament. The day before we were set to arrive there was a hold placed for the 2 rooms I reserved on my card. One of which I would ultimately not be paying for. Ok, but I haven't had this issue at any of the Disney hotels or Omni. I did use a debit card which they claimed was the reason for the holds. Long story short, they held a total of $551.90 for a $281.54 stay. Unacceptable. Other shortfalls include, pool area is ridulously small and closes at dusk. Soda machines were out of soda on Saturday night. The continental breakfast was iffy-egg patties were brought out cold. The only problem with the room was the water temp-cold showers. The person I spoke with concerning the charges "Sheila" was rude to say the least. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2010
2  Thank mommie3m
LAFL, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2010

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel.

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations.

Reviewed June 7, 2010

My brother and I were in need of a some sleep and rest after being up for 36 hours- we had traveled into the area for my mom who had been ill and passed away ... the staff, Stephanie at the front desk was very helpful, room very clean and beds very comfortable - had a good nights sleep, use of treadmill and elliptical in workout room in morning and hearty breakfast... all of which renewed us so we could continue on with the rest of what we needed to do during a sad and difficult visit to the area.... Many Thanks!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
LAFL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2010

Dear Sharon,

We are sorry for your recent loss and wish to offer our sincere condolences.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Country Inns & Suites Lakeland we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed May 22, 2010

from the price listed online all the way through - impeccable!! we arrived around 7:30 p.m. on wednesday night, 5/19. stephanie greeted my friend and i at the desk and she was very friendly and helpful and courteous. all questions were answered with a smile and nice comment. suggested restaurants and gave us good info. stephanie even had something that i had requested ready for me when my friend and i came back from busch gardens the first.

the room was fabulous. large bathroom with everything needed and even more. bed was SOOO comfortable. my friend and i each had a room and we were able to spread out and be totally comfortable. good sized flat screen tv, microwave and refrig. excellent!!!

the breakfast area - OH MY!!! - eggs, sausage, bagels, cereal, juice, coffee, etc. INCREDIBLE!!! the girl who put it together was there and we were able to thank her as well.

i would stay here over and over again and the price was excellent. good sized pool area.

i had left my pillow and came back after a day at sea world and ERIC was able to find it in the 'lost and found' area and give it to me with a smile. he was very pleasant and courteous as well.

all in all, this hotel rates to me as the #1 in florida. and i have taken a lot of trips and stayed in a lot of hotels.

VERY VERY pleased!!!

thank you stephanie and eric for setting and ending the stage before and ending a wonderful two days.

bonnie

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
LAFL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2010

Dear Bonnie,

We are delighted you count us as #1 in Florida!

Reviewed April 21, 2010

however it was Sun n Fun week. Was disappointed that when extending the stay for one more night we were not offered the internet rate until it was pointed out to the member of staff that the uber-high rate we were paying had ended. New hotel, good location,rooms very clean, free wifi, bed comfortable, good shower, good towels, breakfast awful. Was irritated when attempting to do laundry before checking out that reception had run out of change. Was pointed towards 7-11!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
LAFL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2010

We appreciate you taking your time to complete a survey regarding your recent stay at our brand new hotel.
We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.
On behalf of our entire staff here at the Country Inns & Suites Lakeland we would like to thank you for your business.

Reviewed March 31, 2010

Rooms were very clean and the service was excellent and again I would like to comment Eric at the front desk for an excellent job with our needs. The breakfast and workout room are a nice added benefit.

A problem the first night on the second floor was the elevator noise which made it very difficult to sleep. We were moved to another room the next day and the problem was resolved.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
LAFL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2010

We appreciate you taking your precious time to complete a survey regarding your recent stay at our brand new hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed the breakfast and workout room.

Reviewed March 29, 2010

I got lost looking for another hotel so I went to Country Inn to ask for directions . Eric Stoquert hotel staff was very helpful .He was so courteous & kind so I just decided
to stay at this hotel. I am glad I did. The hotel is like a 5 star & the staff are just so respectful
& kind.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business

We appreciate you taking your precious time to complete a survey regarding your recent stay at our brand new hotel. We are sorry you got lost, but are so happy we were able to accommodate you!

Reviewed February 25, 2010

Location right off highway. Great value. Super clean and non-smoking!!! Free breakfast included was awesome. It was contstantly replenished and kept clean by staff. I would definitely stay here again if I am in the area. The staff was so helpful and pleasant. This hotel met all of our needs!!! I would highly recommend it to others!!!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
LAFL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2010

We appreciate you taking your precious time to complete a survey regarding your recent stay at our brand new hotel. We are glad you found our staff to be so helpful. We strive to be knowledgeable and friendly to all guests.