Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 18, 2014

This was another great experience at a Holiday Inn Express. We were able to enjoy a clean and well maintained hotel with a friendly and accommodating staff. As usual, the breakfast and the breakfast attendant were fabulous. Definitely plan to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jrobinson2014
LAFL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Dear Jrobinson2014,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! It is great to hear that you enjoyed our clean, well maintained facility and delicious breakfast. The staff will be very happy to hear the compliments! We look forward to having you and your family stay with us the next time you are in Lakeland!

Reviewed August 18, 2014

My family of 5 stayed here late one evening after flying into the St Pete / Clearwater airport on our way to Disney World. We didn't get there until 11:30 pm, but we were checked in quickly and the cot I had requested was waiting in the room. The beds were comfortable and they had a nice breakfast the next morning. I was also grateful that there were a few restaurants still open the night we arrived since I had some hungry kids. The only thing that was odd is the fact that the hotel is located right off of I-4, but there was no exit right at the hotel. We had to drive about a mile or so past the hotel, then backtrack. Other than that, it was a nice stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank DJC313

Dear DJC313,

We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review about your experience at our property! I am glad to hear we were prepared for your families late arrival and you were able to take advantage of our convenient location close to the restaurants near by. Comfortable beds and a great breakfast are important when you have a long day at Disney planned! We look forward to having you and your family stay will us the next time your travels bring you to the area!

Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

We came in for business plus a mini vacation. We were received by the best front desk clerks ever. Our membership was recognized and we even offered a welcome bag or points, most place make this choice for me. Monique and Sandy at the desk were very helpful andade us feel at home right away. We were given a list of restaurants, directions and a much appreciated free upgraded suite. We have visited alot of the Lakeland hotels and nothing compares to the service we received here. I highly recommend this hotel for any business or just a place where you can relax. The complimentary full hot breakfast, free wi-fi, guest laundry, business center, awesome pool and super clean workout room were top of the line.

Rooms, bathrooms, lobby and breakfast are are immaculately clean all of the time.

Thank you guys for the awesome treatment you provided!

Mr. and Ms. Smith from the Bronx, NY

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Tronspark

Dear Tronspark,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your stay with us! I am so glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our great property and excellent staff. We appreciate the compliment and recommendation. Our staff will be very happy to hear your feedback! We hope to see you the next time your travels bring your to Florida!

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I stay at this at this location very often for business.
Sandy at the front desk, is a class act!
Very friendly, and can't do enough to make sure her guests have a pleasant stay. There breakfast has good choices, and also healthy ones which is refreshing for me. Don't stress, they also have Fresh Baked Cookies in the evening at the front desk, and Warm Cinnamon Buns at breakfast, along with, many other choices.
The location is close to many restaurants, and Sandy (front Desk) has a list of some great choices with printed directions to get you there and back safely.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are nice to sit out on!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael T
LAFL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Dear Michael T,

It has been a pleasure having you stay with us! We truly appreciate your business and the loyalty you have with our company! Sandy is a great asset to our company and she will appreciate the compliments you have given her. Thank you for appreciating our excellent staff and upgraded healthy choice breakfast! We strive to make our guests feel as comfortable as possible when they are away from home. We will see you the next time you are in Lakeland for business!

Reviewed July 11, 2014

We stayed at this hotel from June 10-17, 2014 while visiting family in the area and have nothing but good things to say about it. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and professional. Charlene, the lady in charge of the breakfast room, was exceptional. She kept the breakfast room spotless and was extremely efficient, keeping all the breakfast selections filled at all times and always willing to help if you needed anything. We will definitely stay here when we visit Lakeland again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Gail H
LAFL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

Dear Gail H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our property! It was a pleasure having you as one of our guests! I am glad to hear you were able to enjoy our clean, comfortable rooms and our excellent staff. Charlene is very happy to hear your compliment and we will be happy to see you the next time your travels bring you to the area!

Reviewed June 15, 2014

My overall experience with this HI Express was a good one. The room was clean, well appointed, and had no maintenance issues. The Internet speed was above average - especially considering the occupancy. Breakfast had some weak spots but no worse than the chain in general (e.g. the eggs are definitely from a mix)
I basically had 2 issues:
1. I was told I was upgraded due to my Plat status on check in only to find the room was exactly the same as the rate type I booked. I understand upgrades are based on capacity but lying is not cool.
2. Parking the lot isn't really big enough when the place is full.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Paul M
LAFL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear uttrekr,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay here with us! I am glad to hear you enjoyed the clean room and free Wi-Fi. When you checked in we thanked you for being a Platinum member and informed you that you were already in an upgraded King Executive Suite. We apologize for any misunderstanding. We will also review you comments about the parking lot with our director of operations. Thank you for your feedback, and we hope you come to visit us the next time you are in Florida!

Reviewed May 19, 2014

We were completely pleased with the location, pricing, breakfast bar, room cleanliness, room amenities and the staff were wonderful. Everyone we encountered was friendly and asked if we needed anything. We will return to that property when in Lakeland, FL.

and a variety of good restaurants VERY close by.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Evelyn31523
LAFL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Dear Evelyn31523,

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed everything about your stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review about our property. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Lakeland!