My wife and I stay in Holiday Inn Express hotels frequently and usually compliment the staff or hotel when we can. Our experience here over 6 days of stay has been a mixture average and under-average. The housecleaning staff and the lady who works the breakfast area have been fine. The room amenities are relatively nice - plenty of plugs, etc. However, there are some management issues that make this a "less-than-average" experience, unfortunately. 1) The room costs us $133/night for their AARP rate - while the LaQuinta down the street is $99/night for similar amenities. 2) They short-order the news papers and in the days we've been here they are always "out". They never have provided us (as gold members) with a newspaper at our door - nor have I ever seen any papers at anyone's door! 3) The front desk was going to "charge" us 300 points if we wanted a bottled water "freebie" we're supposed to get as priority club members. 4) Breakfast is done by 9am rather than 9:30 or 10am in other HIEs, and some things are not available because they're not working. One would think that in FL they would at least have oranges out (only bananas). 5) We had to ask for towels instead of our room being cleaned. True, we had the "no disturb" on the door until 9am - but took it off at 9 and didn't get back until 4pm. I'll give half a "pass" on that. I'm surprised at the number of glowing reviews I read at this hotel - and can't help but wonder if management is writing some of them to bury less complimentary comments like this. Anyway - over-rated, "under-qualified." That's my opinion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful Brand New Hotel! We are conveniently located in Lakeland off I-4 at exit 33 between Tampa and Orlando, offering easy access to all that Florida has to offer. Beautifully appointed rooms are equipped with large 37" flat screen LCD televisions, microwaves, refrigerators and free high speed Internet access through out the hotel. Enjoy our Fitness Room and Business Center; Experience our state-of-the-art meeting rooms and an amazing indoor/outdoor heated pool. Free Full Hot Deluxe Breakfast daily! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Lakeland North i-4
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North i-4 Hotel Lakeland
- Country Inn Lakeland