“Great one night stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
New Port Richey, Florida, United States
“Great one night stay”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This Holiday Inn was recently refurbished and I have to say, they did a great job. Monique Desmore assisted in a 16 room reservation and never once complained about the adjustments that had to be made. Paige Harden, the front desk manager, was fabulous and extremely accomodating. The location is perfect because you've got restuarants flanking the place. I would highly recommend staying at this particular location and Monique and Paige deserve raises specifically for dealing with me! Thanks guys!

Room Tip: If you smoke, ask for a room with a balcony. It made my life easier!
Green Features: From what I saw, this Holiday Inn was very environmentally friendly! Trash recepticles were available at all times. The venilation system was perfect in every sense and I know this because my son has severe allergies and we never had an issue. 5 stars from me.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
LAFL, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Hello Again Ms. Linda! We are so happy that your group had a great time. We truly enjoyed having everyone here. We are centrally located around Applebee’s, Cracker Barrel, and a 24 hour Starbucks for our guests convince and we are glad to know you used those locations. We hope your bowling team will stay with us the next time you have tournament. We hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The staff was exceedingly courteous and eager to help me with all issues. I highly approve! Available for assistance around the clock, the staff never missed any calls. Internet could be improved but the service was exceptional. A+

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hello Matthew B! Thank you for your review of our property! We are all very happy to hear that you had a great stay and our staff was able to assist you in any way possible. We have worked out the kinks with our Wi-Fi and it is working better than ever. We hope that if you are back in town you stay with us again.
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 17, 2013

First time I stayed here the tub had mold and other issues the cleaning staff overlooked while cleaning. Second time was from June 12-16 and our last. Be sure they don't stick you with a room next to the elevator, you will hear it all evening and morning. If you put your do not disturbed sign out and it's there past 930 when housekeeping starts, when you leave make sure you stop at the front desk and tell them you want your room cleaned. Otherwise you may end up like us with an uncleared room and many excuses for it. I can't even bring myself to type out the treatment from the front desk blond or the manager Monique who basically told me I was wrong and her staff was right. Hmmm customer and daughter are all wrong. Never will stay in this poorly run, dirty carpet stained moldy hotel again. I am sure the "management" will comment and have some generic excuse. Don't say I didn't warn you!

Room Tip: Skip this place
Green Features: Very, they don't clean your room and save on cleaning products!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank karen k
LAFL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. We truly appreciate your feedback. We do have a policy here that if a guest has a Do No Disturb sign on the door housekeeping is not permitted to enter the room. Housekeeping will check back in the afternoon to see if the Do Not Disturb has been removed from the door. It is the guest’s choice whether to have their room serviced for that day or to skip housekeeping services. We give the guests the freedom to communicate with the front desk staff if they have any special requests while they have the DND sign on their door. We have a huge following of guests that stay at this property whom love our hotel and the staff. These guests return every week, month and year because they enjoy staying with us and this is the newest hotel in Lakeland. I do apologize for any inconvenience you have faced during your stay and I respect your concerns. We will use your feedback to go over with our staff and director of operations to ensure that nothing like this happens again. I am the general manager here and I welcome any feedback, responses or questions regarding this facility. Please call Monique at 863-595-4500 if you have any further questions or comments.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I ran across the Holiday Inn Express & Suites by mistake and I have to say it was the best mistake I've ever made! The hotel is tight off the exit and tucked away in a corner. It was newly remodeled and looks great. It has a modern theme and the staff was just WOW! I was welcomed with a warm smile by the front desk manager Page. Everything was prepared for me and she even gave me a list of all the local restaurants. We decided to go to Texas Cattle Company. (Per Page's suggestion). It was EXCELLENT! The best thing about the hotel was that every time I walked in Page stopped what she was doing to welcome me and made me feel like I was home. She even printed my boarding pass. Another great thing about the hotel was how clean it was and the breakfast wasn't bad either. I normally don't ever do reviews but this hotel was worth it! I want to thank Page and the whole Holiday Inn Express & Suites staff for such a great stay and I will be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
LAFL, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you Patty for your kind review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate your feedback. We pride ourselves on knowing our guests have a great trip and want to make sure we are helpful to you in every way. We are happy to have sent you for a great restaurant for dinner. We look forward to seeing you again!
Florida
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have stayed there twice in the last two months visiting family that is new to the area. I can say that their hospitality is outstanding. On our last visit over Memorial Day weekend, the room we stayed in previously, on the 5th floor( which I highly recommend), was unavailable. The front desk clerk was very patient with us as we checked out three other rooms until finally deciding on one on the third floor. It was at the end of the hall which was perfectly quiet. The hotel was full of young athletes and their families and coaches, but we were never disturbed by any noise at all. The room was extremely spacious which included a long wetbar type of counter which didn't have the "wet" part, I really don't know the purpose of it, other than it was handy to place small groceries we brought to store in the mini fridge hidden under the TV cabinet.
The room was extremely clean as was the bathroom. I discovered that we had a microwave hidden inside that same TV cabinet. Since the breakfast area was hopping in the mornings with all the athletes, my hubby would bring back to our room the coffee, muffins, oatmeal, etc, and we ate our breakfast in the comfort of our room. I do agree about the scratchy toilet paper, I don't understand how this can even be offered, it's terrible. Bedding and towels are clean and fresh, the pillows and mattress are great. I'm so glad this hotel is near the family, we will be visiting often.

Room Tip: Go for the highest floor at the end of the hallway.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
LAFL, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you MiamiMom-7 for your review on our hotel! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to accommodate you. Our front desk staff are here to make sure that everyone has a lovely stay. We hope that you will choice to stay with us again in the future! Thank you again!
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Terrible paper products!!!! VERY THIN SCRATCHY TOILET PAPER!.Facial tissue thin and scratchy also.Toilets that don't flush. We should have known when we checked into our room there was a toilet plunger outside the next room. When we got into our room we to had a plunger "parked" outside our room to. Breakfast sausage full of bones, gristle and hot spices. Pancake machine not working. Lobby bathrooms no hand soap days in a row. After midnight front lobby door were suppose to be secure (for our safety and security) we came back to the hotel early 2:00a.m. and didn't need our room key to enter there doors they were NOT LOCKED. We expected much better for Holiday Inn Express. When in Lakeland,Fl. this summer we will stay elsewhere( for a week or more).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jeep057
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Jeep057,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the room conditions, and breakfast selection prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I was in Lakeland for an event and I am so glad that I found this Holiday Inn Express! The hotel was new and had a fresh clean appearance. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was awesome after a long day. There was a full hot breakfast so I was able to have different choices. The kids loved swimming in the covered pool. The staff was very helpful in every way. They were able to give me directions and great restaurant suggestions. Monique and Paige were very friendly and made me feel welcome. I will definitely stay here the next time I am in the area.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms with a balcony.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
LAFL, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you Patrice D. for your kind review. We love to hear from our guests and the experiences they have at our hotel. We at the Holiday Inn Express pride ourselves in making sure our guests have a perfect stay. We hope that if your travels bring you through this area, you will stay with us again. Once again thank you from the whole Holiday Inn Express staff!