“Business trip to Lakeland”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ponca City
“Business trip to Lakeland”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

the staff was extremely helpful and efficient. I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Vickie M
LAFL, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
The staff and management here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, is glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! We put our guests up front and center with any needs or questions they may have. We now offer Legoland Tickets at discounted prices! The next time your in town, stop on by for a visit and we will tell you all about the new Water Park Legoland just opened up!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Indian Island, ME
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I travel for week every week, and stay in hotels 4-5 nights each week. I would definitely stay at a Holiday Inn Express. My introduction to Holiday Inn Express at the Lakeland North I-4 was a fantastic introduction to this chain. The facility was beautiful, wonderful beds & pillows!! The pool area was unique and just lovely. The best thing about this site was the incredible staff. They were so welcoming and friendly. I felt so at home which is important to someone like myself who spends most of their time away from home. I was doing a Go Live working nights at the local hospital and the staff went out of their way to make sure we were not disturbed but got all the towels and amenities we needed. I just loved the preprinted list of places to eat especially highlighting the "locals" favorite spots. What a great touch!! Thank you for making my staff wonderful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tanya M
LAFL, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Making your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites wonderful is our middle name. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We are a Brand New hotel with a Brand New look! We offer exceptional service in every aspect of your stay with us. We offer a full hot deluxe breakfast, a great start to a great day; or in your case- a great start to a wonderful afternoon nap. It was a pleasure having you at our hotel. Next time your in the neighborhood stop on by!
Newington, Connecticut
Reviewed June 1, 2012

The hotel was extremely clean, the desk staff extremely nice and the bed was heaven. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robert K
LAFL, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Now that’s the kind of response we love to hear! Clean enough to feel at home! Our desk staff appreciates the positive feedback from our valued guests. The source of your great night sleep may by from our King and Queen beds which feature duvets, 2 sets of sheets, and a soft comforter to make you want to stay again and again. None of those double beds or twin size beds around here! We hope to see you again next time your in the area!
Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Stayed here with a large group. New hotel close to lots of restaurants, Starbucks, even a grocery store. Close to I4 for ease, but you don't hear any traffic noise. Free parking. Having a GPS was very helpful because it can be a little confusing to get there. Rooms were clean and beds were comfy. Each bed comes with pillows marked 'soft' and 'firm' on the edge of the pillowcase (couldn't really tell a big difference but I liked the concept). My hubby felt the pillows were both a little too high. Fridge and microwave in each room; beautifully concealed in the entertainment center so you don't feel like you're in a college dorm room.
Front desk staff was great both over the phone and at check-in. I had to call to ensure late check-in and her sweet and professional manner were wonderful. Quite a few of us were checking in together, she was alone, and she was smiling the whole time.
Breakfast is pretty good. We were there two days and had fruit one day but then the next day there was none; they had run out. Both days we got there about halfway through the breakfast hours, although both days we stayed talking until the 10 am cutoff and most of us felt rushed at the end. Both breakfast staff members were nice--ish but you could tell they were hoping we'd leave so they could clean. By 9:58 a.m., they were taking away the cream for the coffee and turning off the lights to the heated foods. It made us feel unwelcome. At other hotels, when this has happened, staff often sweetly tells you it is "last call" and you know to get up and serve your last coffee or muffin, etc. When someone in our party asked the taller blonde girl a question about hot water, she repeated the answer in a way that wasn't very nice. Maybe she was having a bad day? In that case, she and her darker haired co-worker had both gotten up with the same mood. Again, not rude but definitely not welcoming at all. A very stark contrast to the fantastic front desk staff and the housekeeper I encountered upstairs.
Would stay here again but would know not to expect a smile from staff at breakfast! :)

Room Tip: We stayed close to the elevators but didn't hear noise because the A/C was on all night; during...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank kdmia
LAFL, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
Glad to hear you and your husband enjoyed your stay. We only want the best for our guests and offer quality in our rooms. We offer soft and firm pillows to provide a variety of comfort because not every guest is the same. Our front desk is awesome in going far and beyond the basics to accommodate everyone. Our apologies for your breakfast experience, during the week our breakfast room is open until 9 am, and on weekends 10 am.
Poca, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Very Clean Comfortable Rooms. Desk clek very helpful in sending us to a fantastic place to Eat, which was Harry's Seafood Bar and Grille.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Laurel M
LAFL, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Never fear, Holiday Inn Express & Suites is here! It’s frustrating sometimes when your out of town and mishaps such as your vehicle breaks down, but rest assure there's always a Holiday Inn Express around the corner. We are located close to a lot of businesses, and would like to thank Harley Davidson for sending us theirs. We appreciate your feedback!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Great place to stay I am piggy backer and they have a great parking... And the staff are wonderful... I will stay here every time thru!

Room Tip: the only negitive thing i could say is my cell phone signal didnt work well
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
LAFL, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4, responded to this review, May 19, 2012
Our staff here at Holiday Inn Express & Suites is glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! We have plenty of parking available even when we are a full house. We even have a special parking area reserved for trucks and and trailers. We work hard to make you love your stay.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed May 1, 2012

From making the reservation, to checking in, to buffet breakfast service, to helping me repair my broken necklace at 11:00 pm the night before our sons wedding, the service was fantastic! Our King Suite was roomy; the bathroom was lovely. Thank you!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mike H
LAFL, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Its our pleasure to make your stay here at our hotel one of a kind. Our staff works hard together to ensure everything is in place, from making your reservation with us, to enjoing our full hot deluxe breafast service. We appreciaate you taking the time to respond to our Trip Advisor and hope to see you again soon!