“Great Burgers” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Chop Shop
Ranked #84 of 444 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Carltonowen
“Great Burgers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

The Chop Shop has expanded for a better dining experience. All of the food coming out of the kitchen is prepared perfectly. The staff is friendly and check up on you to make sure you are having a great time.

Visited November 2013

national tour
“Great Lunch Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

Fun atmosphere and excellent burgers. For the smaller appetite go with the Little Chopper. I would eat here again. It did cost a bit more than what I would expect for the neighborhood, but who knows maybe it is considered touristy so they can add on. Either way, I would come here again.

Visited November 2013
Winter Haven, Florida
“Faux Cheddar Burger”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

As a regular downtown Lakeland diner, I was glad to see the Chop Shop leave their dark, dingy digs a few doors down for a new place. It had been a few years since I had tried the Chop Shop so I was excited to try the new place. I was glad to see the new place is big and bright and inviting. Good!

The Chop Shop is known for their burgers, so who am I to argue? I ordered the Cheddar Burger with fries. Biting into the burger, I was surprised to see my "cheddar" burger had no cheddar at all. Instead, I got a mouthful of liquid cheese, the kind you get with nachos at a ball game. If I had been at a ball game I wouldn't have complained (after all, they sell Miller Lite and advertise it as "beer"), but according to a recent magazine, the Chop Shop received the honor of being the best burger in Lakeland. Anyway, pressing on, the burger itself was fine, but underseasoned, so a bit bland. The fries were just ok.

Overall, I was disappointed. If I return, I'll try something other than a burger, but it may not be very soon since there are several other good places to eat in downtown Lakeland.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Naples, Florida
“College day visit....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Love this quaint area of Lakeland, very close to FSC.
First time we had dinner was 8/17/13. After moving my son into his dorm.
Burgers were cooked Perfectly! Large size burgers that fill growing boys.
Went again yesterday during our day visit with the college boy.
Again, the burgers were cooked Perfectly.!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“The Food Chopped Our Insides Up! :(”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stopped in thinking it was more then it actually was. They serve burgers and sandwiches, not much more. Our meals started out okay then ended bad. The bad part comes later in the review. I had the Rebel. This is a cheddar cheese burger topped with pork bbq and coleslaw. Not bad, not great. We have had better. The onion rings were greasy. My partner had a cheese burger and fries. We asked for crispy fries, for him, and were told there was no need to order them that way since they cooked their fries perfectly. Note to owner: you don't cook them perfectly and when a customer wants well done fries tell your staff to let your customer order them that way. We are also not feeling well so I am not seeing a return trip in the future. Try them and see if you like them.
Update from last night: our night was not good due to what we both know was our food talking back.(I am being kind). We will not return.

• Visited September 2013