“Very Nice Property”

Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Miami
“Very Nice Property”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

What a suprise, staff were very helpful, hotel spotless. I will be back. After looking at several older hotels in Lakeland, this will be my choice. The breakfast was outstanding, and as always, this Hampton really delivers. Only downside, the AC was alittle noisey, but didn't bother me or my ability to get a great night sleep. Great job, keep up the good work.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Carrie L K
Quentin G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lakeland-South Polk Parkway, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you dearly for the kind comments. It makes all our efforts well worth it. We are sorry about the AC unit. We have recently deep cleaned all our units and we hope that it will be an improvement. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Quentin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
North Florida
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My family has stayed at this Hampton Inn on many occasions and we have been consistently pleased. The rooms have been clean and comfortable and the complimentary breakfasts have been plentiful and tasty. We enjoy leaving our car in the hotel's lot and walking to the nearby mall and theatre. The value is a good one for this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose any room above the ground floor and ask if there's young traveler's staying on the sa...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MagmaLover
Quentin G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lakeland-South Polk Parkway, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thanks for the nice comments. We are glad you enjoy your stays with us. Have you had a chance to see the Christmas tree in the middle of the plaza. It looks amazing. We hope you can come back soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 14, 2012

What a horrific time. We stayed at this Hampton Inn because we always had such a pleasant time at Hamptons until this one. Never again! The carpet in the room was nasty - I didn't want to walk in my barefeet. They didn't come to make up the room the 2nd day we were there. What a treat on vacation. Bathroom was not the cleanest, either. :/ YUK. Adding to that, a few days after we returned I started getting little bites all over... and the following week had a friend come over and we ripped apart my bedroom and found bedbugs. The ONLY place we have been other than to stay with family in several years was this Hampton Inn. Thanks... my "vacation" now has cost me well over another $1,000 to fix the bedbug problem which came home with me from your establishment.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank D A
Quentin G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lakeland-South Polk Parkway, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear guest, thank you for your important feedback. We took immediate action by having our pest control company inspect your guest room. After a thorough search, we found no beg bugs in that room. Your report to the hotel came 14 days after your stay. Since then, the room you occupied has been rented and we have received no reports from other guests. We take a proactive approach to prevent bed bugs at our hotel with routine inspections by our pest control company while also having trained hotel staff inspect rooms regularly. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you, but, as mentioned previously, we have had no other bed bug reports. Unfortunately bed bugs can be picked up any where, from hotels to plane seats, or any other public areas. Please contact me directly so we can discuss this further. I may be reached at 863 603 7600
Quentin Guichard
Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

This will be the only hotel I stay at when visiting Lakeland. I stayed at the Hampton Inn Labor Day weekend while visiting my brother. The location & the reviews on here are what helped me make my decision on where to stay.

Check in was a breeze. The lady at the front desk was friendly and very welcoming. They have coffee, tea, and hot chocolate in the lobby. The breakfast had an ok selection...standard Hampton. Fruit, oatmeal, pastries, bagels, cheese omlettes, sausage links. Or if you don't want to or have time to sit down they have a breakfast bag at the front desk which includes a blueberry muffin, Apple, Special K bar and a bottle of water...Zephyrhills of course lol

The hotel is in Lakeside Village. You are in walking distance to a nice variety of restaurants & shops. Target and Publix are across the street. They even have a IMAX theatre in the plaza that sits directly in front of the property.

I was placed on the 6th floor. Our room was nice and clean and the bathroom was a decent size. We had more than enough towels for three adults. The shower head had good pressure and you could adjust it to the setting of your choice.

I had a great stay and enjoyed my first visit to Lakeland!

• Stayed September 2012
6 Thank kdanielle
Quentin G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lakeland-South Polk Parkway, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
There nothing better than having someone who wants to come back. Thanks so much for trusting us to offer the same, if not better, service next time you come. We are also trying to improve breakfast. We cannot wait to have you back.
Florida City, Florida
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I have stayed at this property on several occasions while visiting our daughter in college. The location in Lakeside Village is excellent as many restaurants, shops, and a movie theater are all within close walking distance. The staff is always friendly and our rooms have been clean and comfortable. Best hotel in Lakeland!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank TicoLee
Quentin G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lakeland-South Polk Parkway, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words! We are glad to hear that you stay loyal to us, and are looking forward to your next visit.
Satellite Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 1, 2012

The service in this hotel was exceptional.Everyone from Clara in the food service who went out of her way to help me.To Jennifer ,Antonia and Edgar in housekeeping.They worked around my schedule with a pleasant attitude.I asked for a late checkout and they never made me feel rushed.The front desk girl was also very pleasant.The rooms were very clean.The location is a shoppers dream.I only wish I had more time to explore every kind of restaurant and store you could imagine.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank beaches42
An associate is always very proud when a customer remembers his/her name. You mentioned 4 in your review, which is amazing. Thank you so much. We are thrilled that so many of our associates made an impression during your stay. It will be our honor to have you back.
Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

Decent service. Room was good size. Very clean. Decent breakfast.  Overall, nothing spectacular.

The best part of this hotel is the location.  It's in a campus with an outdoor mall. Several shops, restaurants, and other hotels.  There's even an IMAX theatre.  The location is what would make me go back.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank 4ssss
Thank you for taking the time to offer your insights. Although "decent" is positive, we are striving for "excellent". We would love to hear how we could improve in your opinion. Feel free to share with one of our supervisors on your next visit. We look forward to having you back.