“Wish all Hotels were this good!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Lakeland-South Polk Parkway
Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Satellite Beach, Florida
“Wish all Hotels were this good!”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

The service in this hotel was exceptional.Everyone from Clara in the food service who went out of her way to help me.To Jennifer ,Antonia and Edgar in housekeeping.They worked around my schedule with a pleasant attitude.I asked for a late checkout and they never made me feel rushed.The front desk girl was also very pleasant.The rooms were very clean.The location is a shoppers dream.I only wish I had more time to explore every kind of restaurant and store you could imagine.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank beaches42
Quentin G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lakeland-South Polk Parkway, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
An associate is always very proud when a customer remembers his/her name. You mentioned 4 in your review, which is amazing. Thank you so much. We are thrilled that so many of our associates made an impression during your stay. It will be our honor to have you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

Decent service. Room was good size. Very clean. Decent breakfast.  Overall, nothing spectacular.

The best part of this hotel is the location.  It's in a campus with an outdoor mall. Several shops, restaurants, and other hotels.  There's even an IMAX theatre.  The location is what would make me go back.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank 4ssss
Thank you for taking the time to offer your insights. Although "decent" is positive, we are striving for "excellent". We would love to hear how we could improve in your opinion. Feel free to share with one of our supervisors on your next visit. We look forward to having you back.
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I guess hotel preferences and reviews are very much a subjective "horses for courses" matter. For me this hotel was very close to perfect. I stayed here for two nights in August, as part of an intensive country-wide business trip, and this hotel kicked some serious (and other pricier competitors') butt!

Pros: Friendly 'can-do' service staff; clean, large well-appointed rooms (I had a single room suite); comfortable beds; free high-speed internet access (this should be a requirement for all hotels); decent coffee in the room, and the same available in the lobby area 24hrs per day; large screen TV; free and safe parking; located in a village square (I could find a selection of good restaurants, a great book store, IMax, etc. within 200 meters from the hotel); clear and consistent environmental awareness throughout the hotel; easy access from the I-4 interstate highway; etc. etc. I could easily have classified this as the perfect business hotel, however I saw many families seemingly having a great time during my stay as well (without in any way detracting from my own experience).

Cons: Absolutely nothing!

These guys know their business - I will definitely return when I am in the area again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank AceBar
We appreciate your review so much. Thanks. We all work very hard to offer what is best. We are so fortunate to be located in such an amazing shopping plaza. It pushes us to be better every day. Please visit us again.
Ft. Lauderdale
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I stayed one night as I had court in Bartow the next day. This is a nice Hampton Inn. It's a three diamond hotel. Do not expect a Hilton. The staff was friendly and courteous; the room was large and clean, as were the hallways. The free breakfast did not have as many items as I am used to when staying at a Hampton Inn, but the food that was there was good. I give this location only three stars for value and four overall because it is more expensive than the other Hampton Inns in the area.
The best thing about this location is the retail complex right next to the hotel. There are a number of shops, a Cobb movie theater, and many restaurants at all price levels. There is also a Target and Publix right nearby.
I will definitely stay here the next time I have to go to Polk County.
*TIP* The thermostat on the wall does not control the A/C. Use the controls on the unit itself.

Room Tip: The larger rooms are at the end of the hall.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank lawyerboy7
Thank you for the comments. We appreciate every piece of advice. We understand how breakfast is important to guests, and will improve the variety as well as the quality in the future. I am sorry the thermostat didn't seem to work properly. We will investigate. We are glad to hear that you would return, and will do everything possible to make your stay even more enjoyable.
Alexandria, LA
Reviewed August 6, 2012

The Hampton Inn at Lakeside Center was the perfect place for our family and friends to stay during a wedding. We gathered for the hot breakfast in the morning and then when we weren't busy with festivities we could explore without getting in the car again. Several went to the Imax theatre there. We ate at the Rib Shack, the Fish City Grill, Crispers, the Grillsmith and Cld Stone Creamery. Waht fun. Some of those who needed to shop did so and others just had a late night drink. We could have stayed another week and had more fun!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank romeojoe
Woody B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lakeland-South Polk Parkway, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Hello,

Thank you so much for staying with and for taking your time to share your experience with the world. I am very happy you did enjoy your time here. Although you came for a wedding, you did get a chance to enjoy some of the activities that Lakeland has to offer. Again, thank you and we hope to see you again.
Thank you for your business!!!

miami, fl.
Reviewed August 3, 2012

But seriously folks, i was in lakeland visiting family, and i needed a place to stay for one night closeby for my family. There isn`t a lot to choose from in that area, but this particular Hamptom was a good one. It`s a relatively new property located in a new shoppong village. it`s clean, very nicely set up with a mini store in the lobby! They were smart enough to realize that there`s not many places around late at night to get snacks n stuff. Overall, very good, no complaints.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank jm7701
Hello,

I just wanted to say 'thank you'. Thank you so much for the positive comments you have about our hotel. We knew you had a choice of hotel when coming to the area and you chose us. I am very happy that we did not disappoint you. Thank you for letting the world know about your experience.
Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again!

Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We arrived exhausted and were quickly checked in. The room was large and comfortable and the note on the bed advising that the linens had been cleaned was reassuring. Staff was friendly and even spoke to the kids directly to ask how they were doing. Lots of information as to how to find local attractions. Management very approachable and friendly.

With four kids it was hard to keep the room clean, yet each time we left and came back our room looked good as new.

Restaurants in the strip mall and movie theatre very convenient.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank ruth a
Hi,

Thank you so much for staying with us and thank you for the positive survey. I am very happy to know that your stay was enjoyable. We love having you here. It was a pleasure having you at our location.
Thank you so much for your business and we hope to see you again!