“Great new menu!”

Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“Great new menu!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Ok so they have this new menu since September 17th. Oh my God, or should I say "Oh mon Dieu" it was so good. I had a bagel with mozzarella di buffala, eggplant, tomatoes and pesto. This came with a little side salad with a perfect vinaigrette on the side.
This is a very good little cafe, and the girls are super nice. I eat there pretty often and never were disappointed. I know for a fact that some other establishments do not like this new competition and they are trying whatever it takes to post fake reviews. So if you really want to be wise, go there yourself and take a piece of France in your plate.
Thank you girls for this great little cafe.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank weho69

Lake Worth, Florida
“most expensive breakfast ever”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

we went for breakfast and two of us each wanted eggs. in order to get eggs as min course we had to order everything ala carte. 2 orders of eggs, one order of potatoes (delicious), one order of bread with side of butter and strawberry jam and two coffees totaled $41.67.
good but certainly not worth that price!

Visited September 2013
3 Thank richard e
wellington, fl
“Brioche Pain Perdue is the best ever!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I opted for the brioche pain perdue (which was $3 more than the regular pain perdue) because I love brioche...it was the best French toast I've ever had...the edges (which I normally don't eat on Fr. toast) were crispy and kind of caramelized. You get 3 huge pieces, lots of fruit (mine was blueberries & strawberries), a large glass of real fresh-squeezed orange juice and choice of coffee or tea (& they carry a French brand of tea that is very hard to get here). I must have this meal again...soon. They have maple syrup available but you won't even need it!

I've also had their quiche (very flavorful) and a croquet monseuir (which came with a beer!) that tasted even better when I warmed up the leftovers at home. Hubby has had their home-made pate on a baggette (that came with a beer too), which he liked. Both came with fries.

Charming Ella who serves the entire place & does a great job, said they will change the menu a bit when "season" arrives and will do some special things for the holidays. I know I'll be back often.

This restaurant is located on the SE corner of Dixie Hwy & Lake Worth Ave. (has blue & white striped awning)...so I think the best option is to go one block E. on Lk Worth, turn right, park & walk back. If you go in the morning, traffic isn't so bad & you are more likely to score a parking space right on LK. Worth. They are only open for bkfst & lunch and are closed on Mon. & Wed.

1 Thank gypsybaker
Palm Beach Florida
“Hoping for improvement in the future”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The French House and Bakery had recently been written up in the Palm Beach Post. A friend and I drove up for lunch today to check it out. It is in a great location, right on the corner of Lake and Federal Hwy. but there was no signage on that side.
The menu is limited to a variety of baguette sandwiches as well as Croque Monsieur and Madame.
the baguettes are served with greens; the Croque with French fries. We both chose the,Croque Monsieur but asked for greens rather than fries. A bottle of beer was included with the sandwiches, soda and tea was an alternate choice. The Croque Monsieur would have been great if it had been served hot out of the oven! I regret not sending it back for a reheat. The greens were uninspired; only bagged Romaine with a sprinkle of sunflower seeds. Tasteless salad dressing. No color or garnish in sight.
We were also surprised that quiche was not on the menu.
I hope that the mother and daughters that own the restaurant will accept these comments in the spirit that we think that with a few small changes the place can be a success. We plan on going back ay another time to give it a second chance.

1 Thank mizdarcy
“Feel like home”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Love the place, Ella is a sweet heart. The food is fresh, original, and there is plenty if it. Quiches, salads (huge), fruit tarts, and breakfast until 11am. The baguette is absolutely delicious. Finally a French place with nice people running it.

1 Thank weho69