“Miss the old brogues !!!”
Review of Brogues Downunder

Brogues Downunder
Ranked #13 of 271 Restaurants in Lake Worth
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We have a private function room available for parties, funerals, graduations, weddings, meeting etc
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

I miss the old brogues, but the aussie version of this once great irish bar is not too bad. The bar has a very nice wood interior and is an all around great place to sit with friends and have a few beers. Love the live music and the food is really good too.

BroguesDownunder_12, Owner at Brogues Downunder, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

We actually haven't changed much, just owner on site all the time, table cloths , chef and menus which we do every 6 months. Glad you still liked. Thanks Tania

There are newer reviews for Brogues Downunder

Reviewed April 16, 2014

The food, the bar, and the live entertainment they have is always great. The new owners have really brought this place around. The prices are more than fair and the food and selection is great!

BroguesDownunder_12, Owner at Brogues Downunder, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Glad you love our place. We are trying very hard. Thanks Tania

Reviewed April 5, 2014

We went to Brogues to see George Orr, a Rod Stewart impersonator. Probably one of the funniest shows I've seen in a long time. Great space for a small venue performance. Not overly loud and obnoxious like some places. If you like to laugh, you should see this guy. If you don't want to see the show, there's plenty of outdoor seating on the main street.

It's hard to separate the food from the show, but I'll try. Food taste is very subjective so keep that in mind as you read this. I ordered the grilled Mahi. Nicely done although slightly bland. Not bad but it could use a little more spice. Mango salsa was good. Nice touch with the fish. My wife ordered a German pork dish which I can't remember the name of. She thought it was good but others in our party thought it was a little dry and overcooked.

Service was excellent. Our server was efficient and friendly. Always on top of things. The place is clean and nicely decorated. Reasonable prices for dinner. I will definitely be back.

Glad you loved George Orr, he is a hoot.. Sorry about your food, I will pass on to the chef about the comments. Thank You . Owner Tania Gerst

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Stopped in at 12:30 for lunch on a Monday. Wanting to try something different we chose Brogue's. Big Mistake!

I ordered a Choppino (fish stew) which is served over linguine. Based on the price I assumed it would be prepared according to Italian cookbook standards. I asked Leanna if she would suggest it as a house specialty. She indicated many people order it and it's her favorite. Long story short, the dish was swimming in a thick tomato paste 1/2 " thick, less than 1/2 cup of linguine, and 4 small mussels, 3 oz of cod. When I called it to her attention, she said, "Well, I can take it back and they can thin it out." In other words they would pour hot water into it and dilute it. No thank you. The menu states that it is accompanied by grilled bread. It was not grilled. With only two tables with customers I would expect attention to details. Perhaps the establishment should revisit a cookbook to see how this dish is really prepared.

Suggestion to the short order cook.... Maybe you should try Barilla Pasta Sauces instead. With all the wine at your location, a little red wine would make the dish a bit more authentic.

Visiting this location at night might be a better option as a drinking hole. That's probably how they stay in business.

Next time I will head over to Rotelli's across the street, where I know the food is always great.

3  Thank CarolineinTroy
Reviewed March 6, 2014

fun place , usually with live music.I've had dependably good food here, the fish tacos,mussels in white sauce & corn beef are my favorites.The service can be sometimes poor, usually to new servers, but is usually good.I'm local & Brogues is our go-to spot for a fun nite out

Been to Brogues Downunder? Share your experiences!