“A Real Gem !.....”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Living in Manhattan, as I do, and traveling to Italy yearly, I pride myself on knowing really good Italian food. Nino is an outstanding chef.....his amazing unique appetizers.....eggplant timbale...peppers stuffed with " MAGIC"..........I could go on and on. His pastas... .ravioli stuffed with pumpkin....or squash ....or his superlative Bolognese sauce. This is not a restaurant for baked ziti or chicken parmesan...this is a restaurant that sets the bar with incomparable home made Italian food. Nino is the consummate host he makes you feel welcomed "at home" . He wheels his tray displaying the evenings offerings....appetizers...pastas...fish etc....., as they do in the finest restaurants in Italy, and describes his selections with a love and passion that you will share with him when you taste his creations. Rustico Italiano is truly a Gem.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

We made a reservation for the first night of our vacation to celebrate a recent birthday.We were warmly welcomed and quickly seated.

We began with a reasonably priced bottle of excellent Pinot Grigo which Nino recommended.

The menu has much to offer and we selected the special portabella mushroom appetizer and glad we did.The smaller portion of Caesar salad was large enough to share
I asked Nino if I would be able to make changes to one of the menu items and he responded positively--- instead of Linguini Fruitti de Mare I asked for it to be prepared with garlic and oil and to substitute orichetti. It was delicious and there was no additional charge as many other fine restaurants do. Our other entree' was the veal chop which was perfectly prepared.
Our dinner culminated with a luscious chocolate cake.

All in all we had a perfect evening due to the superior service by the entire staff . We would rate our meal an 11 on a scale of 1 -10.

It is well worth seeking out Rustico- be sure to make a reservation !

1  Thank BamTgg
Reviewed February 21, 2014

This was among the very best Italian restaurants i have ever been to..and I have probably been to 500 at least all over u.s. and world..had fennel artichoke etc mixture for appetizer which was totally superb and then a great osso bucco the best i have ever eaten..beyond mouth watering..eft me ecstatic..atmosphere is great..small cosy but lushly appointed..the managers w ere two great guys and rest of staff was up there too..wonderful and unexpected experience for me..an Anti resort food '

1  Thank Peter L
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Seriously...I eat Italian everywhere...everywhere! I've been to Italy a lot! I've eaten at some of the finest Italian restaurants in the world...I read a lot of reviews and I can tell you..... Try this place!! Nino (the owner) and his talents are amazing! His recipes and his flavors bring you back to Italy and make you believe you are eating at Nona's home. He has this down. Recently Billy Joel ate here while in South Florida....Let's be honest...he knows fine Italian food...he can eat anywhere in the world he wants! He LOVED this place...see the website for the pix. The food here and the ambiance is authentic. Authentic to the point of perfection. The food is amazing. Period! Just go and you will see why locals and followers like me who travel over 75 miles to eat here keep coming back. No doubt about it...The best you will ever have....

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Spent a few days in Manalapan and Fort Lauderdale a week or so ago before returning to the snowy northeast. This restaurant was an impulse stop. We hadn't sought recommendations we just wandered around Lake Worth and chose the restaurant that looked most appealing. We didn't have reservations and the place was clearly popular and quite well-booked. They found us a table for two, not in the best location as servers were constantly tripping over us. I do not recall what we ate, but the food was quite good. Not dazzling, just really good. Service was first-rate, very attentive. We did not realize when we were seated that they did not have a full bar, just beer and wine, and we really wanted to start the evening with cocktails. They very quietly found vodka for me and gin for my partner. We started the evening happy and left the restaurant fully satisfied.