“Very good Italian food in Lake Worth”

Couco Pazzo Italian Bistro
Ranked #24 of 282 Restaurants in Lake Worth
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife and I tried Couco Pazzo for the first time last night, based on a recommendation from a friend and the good reviews here. Overall, we had a very good experience there.

Couco Pazzo is on popular Lake Ave in Lake Worth, but just west of Route 1 (next door to Bizarre Ave Cafe), not in the restaurant strip east of Rt 1. We had no trouble finding parking nearby. We didn't make reservations, but we were seated right away (though it was a Saturday and we would have had a better table with reservations). There was a good number of other customers there, considering it's off season. They have two separate dining rooms -- we were in the main room with the bar and open kitchen; we couldn't see into the other room so we don't know how many people were in there.The decor was nice, a bit more casual than formal, nothing too gaudy. There are a lot of hard surfaces so it was a bit noisy, but not unpleasantly so.

Now for the most important part, the food: For starters, I had a the lobster bisque (a soup du jour), and my wife had a half Caesar salad. The bisque was tasty, though there were no detectable pieces of lobster. The salad was good too. For entrees, I had the shrimp fra diavolo, and my wife had risotto du jour, which was portabello mushroom risotto with chicken. The fra diavolo was served over linguine and was very tasty, with a good amount of spiciness (the waitress asked if I wanted it spicy when I ordered it). It was a large portion (I finished it but shouldn't have :-), with lots of shrimp. (The shrimp still had the tails on -- I wish restaurants would remove the tails before serving shrimp in a saucy dish.) My wife thought her risotto was delicious, and the two pieces of grilled chicken sitting on top of the risotto were good but a bit bland and slightly dry. The risotto was rich and it was a large portion -- we brought half of it home and split it for lunch today. We didn't have room for dessert.

The hostesses and servers were very nice and friendly. The service was very good at first, but after we were served, our waitress didn't check on us as often as she should have, and it took a while to get our dishes cleared once we finished. The prices were reasonable, considering the quantity of food -- the starters were $6 each, and the entrees were in the low $20's.

Overall, we enjoyed our meal at Couco Pazzo and would definitely try it again sometime.

2  Thank DeeEss

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had dinner at Couco Pazzo last night. We have been there several times and every time the food is consistently top notch. I love the Fettuccine Bolognese, but I've had many other items such as the Prime Pork Ribeye Steak or the fresh fish. Yopu just can't go wrong here. The prices are reasonable for the quality you get. On my top 10 list in Palm Beach County.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We went to Couco Pazzo because we had a Groupon. What a great surprise. It was Wednesday off season and every table was full. I had 1/2 Caesar Salad and it was huge. For my entrée I got the Greek Pizza, yummy. My husband got the portabella soup and Chicken Parmesan. He was raving about it. We both have another meal for tomorrow. The portions are generous. Chris was our waiter and he was attentive and did a great job.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Couco pazzo is a cozy spot. Not a dive and not fine dining. I have eaten there several times. Starting with drinks, my apple martini was perfect. The fresh hot bread dipped in garlic oil was superb. The Ceasars salad was average. I have had veal parmagiano and it is a huge serving (a B plus). My wife had grilled salmon (an A). The second time I had steak & mushroom risotto, the steak was very good (medium rare). The serving was huge. Unfortunatly, the risotto was "wet risotto" doused in what tasted like beef stew gravy (yuck- don't get it).

So- large portions, good value, popular place. It depends on what you order.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Always good service and great pasta, salads and entrees. They are very large, so, even if they don't advertise it. You can get 1/2 orders.

I ordered mussels and there are different sauces you can have with them.