“Verty Nice”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake Worth
John Prince Park Campground
Muncie, Indiana, United States
“Verty Nice”
Reviewed December 26, 2011

I loved the view of Osmond, there was always hot water, the wild life was wonderful! We spent about two months camping here! Awesome! The best place I have ever camped! Some of the staff were rude but for the most part they were very nice, there was lots of air traffic but being in the middle of a city it is understandable! We enjoyed it very much and made many great acquaintances there are many dog lovers here so we fit in well lol, I recommend this place to anyone looking for a fun summer or winter adventure!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Florida
Reviewed December 10, 2011

I am so surprised by the bad reviews ... I come on a regular basis and I love this place.
It is a fabulous campground ... on a big lake so there are always lots of water birds and great sunsets.
I cannot confirm the complaints: it's always clean, the showers are always hot, I have only ever experienced friendly, helpful staff.
Yes there's a small airport so there's some small airplane noise but it never has bothered me. Maybe if I was in a tent.
I love that it's such a big site ... when it's busy there's every kind of motor home and during the holidays people dress them up all festive with lights.
I back up to the lake and enjoy my morning coffee while the pelicans and ospreys fish and the egrets wade and the ducks waddle.
I tried half a dozen other campsites in this area and this is the best. For me!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Elenem
Rhode Island
Reviewed April 12, 2011

This is our fourth year staying here and once again it was a great experience ! The addition of laundry facilities since our last stay made it so much nicer ! We actually backed up to the airport this year and the planes really werent a bother at all....our only issue was being under a tree that really did a number on our roof and slide with all the pollen but nothing a little roof cleaner wont take care of ! Once again will be back next year as long as there is availability as its so close to our daughter and granddaughter and just an all around nice place to stay !

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank cynski8
Rhode Island
Reviewed May 18, 2010

This is our 3rd year staying here when we visit our daughter, son in law and granddaughter for about a month. We have yet to have anything but a great experience here and will continue to return as long as there is availability. Yes I will agree next to the airport but its never been an issue for us and we do have a travel trailer but my husband has used their showers on occasion and has never had any issues. Overall we are very pleased staying here !!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cynski8
Laurentiens
Reviewed March 2, 2010

Terrible Staff... this place is very expensive for what you have... Planes, helicopter all the time over your head, its terrible!!! NO PEACE AND QUIET, NEVER!!!
We've been there for one month and I didnt take NOT one hot shower... so frustrating!
ZERO + ZERO = ZERO

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
8 Thank MILF35

Travelers are raving about these Lake Worth hotels

Florida
Reviewed May 15, 2009

The staff is down right RUDE. Not friendly at all. The grounds are not maintained. The grass is dead, broken glass everywhere, frequent power outages, The kids playground area is FILTHY. They should be ashamed of themselves. Do yourself a BIG favor, stay elsewhere! I would never return to this site.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
5 Thank ReneeFL
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed January 20, 2009

Whenever I can, I camp by tent but finding a "campground" verse an RV park in southern Florida is a nightmare in itself. How can a state with so much land at it's southern end not have campgrounds for tent camping? Anyway, it is what it is, right?

My purpose was for a competition in Ft. Lauderdale. John Prince Park Campground was the only place that had availability so I grabbed it not being concerned with the one hour drive south the next day. I stayed from Friday to Sunday.

I called ahead by phone to a website specific for Florida camping and luckily I did as I had two options: a tent site by the lake or within the park. I chose the lake of course.

If you are a tent camper, be surprised, VERY surprised at the amount of RV's in the place. I almost thought I was turned into a trailer park by mistake. The sites are small but fine for a tent and a screen shelter over the picnic table. My location was on the shore of the lake at site 13. Nice location. I thought, "How lucky!" Wrong!
It doesn't matter where you are in the park if you are in a tent because you will be bombarded by planes, trains, automobiles and boats. The "campground" is really a park and surrounded by traffic of every sort. To the back of the park is a small airport which is very busy. To the east of the park is a railroad track in which the train engines alert you to with their horns morning, noon and night...ALL NIGHT! The highway, I-95, is also parallel to the tracks and seems to never quiet down. Can you say, "Jake brake"?
The lakes in the park are nice with the exception of the boats ripping up and down. I never saw such disregard for safety in such a small lake of some individuals with their small racing type boats. If peace along a lake shore sounds pleasant, you won't find it here.

Advice for tent campers (NOT RV campers):
1. Bring air plugs, buds or a loud fan (if it's warm enough) to cancel out all the noise at night. Some other tent campers were loud as well but thankfully someone yelled at them to quiet down.
2. Expect RV's everywhere but the owners are all very nice and there are some VERY nice RV's.
3. Showers and bathrooms were small, very small to move around in. Expect one sink to share with everyone. Privacy is nill.
4. The raccoons are plentiful and also very nice. Don't be afraid of them as they are probably begging you to take them home or drop them off somewhere quieter. P.S. They don't like apples.
5. If you like to boat, fly airplanes or pull the horns of a train or enjoy as much noise as one could possibly get at a "campground" as this, then you found your place, otherwise, seriously try another campground. I know I will!

• Liked — It painted a picture perfect scene
  • Disliked — The noise from planes, boats, trains, and cars from the highway and area streets
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank Frodnew
Sabal Palm House Bed and Breakfast Inn
White Horse Motel
White Horse Motel
#2 of 11 in Lake Worth

Been to John Prince Park Campground? Share your experiences!