“Best steak around the area”

Callaro's Steak House
Ranked #12 of 287 Restaurants in Lake Worth
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Callaro's Steakhouse in the heart of Downtown Lake Worth! Located at 717 Lake Avenue, Callaro's is right next door to the Lake Worth Playhouse and is just blocks from the new home of the Palm Beach County Cultural Council. We serve only the very best USDA Prime and Choice cuts of meat, hand selected from the finest corn fed Midwestern beef and the freshest seafood available. Our meats are aged 4 to 5 weeks to ensure tenderness and flavor and filets are center or barrel cut. Callaro's is the brainchild of two great restaurant families- Danny Callaro, longtime owner of the award winning Riggins Crabhouse, and Keith and Beth Scragg. We first opened our doors in Manalapan and enjoyed a 10 year run before deciding to relocate downtown. Since both families live in Lake Worth, the move was a true homecoming. We invested in our future by completely restoring and renovating the former L'Anjou building to reflect its historic roots while updating the decor. The ambience is elegant and hip, but never pretentious. It's a detail that's also reflected in the menu. Dinner entrees range from $10.99 To $46.99. Whether it's just a night on the town or a special occasion, you're sure to find something delectable to suit your palate and your pocketbook.
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We ordered a rib eye steak and it was absolutely delicious. It came with a salad (we upgraded to a Gorgonzola salad for a few extra dollars). Also came with a perfectly cooked baked potato. For this quality steak,many steak houses would charge much more. Nice wine list with a generous glass. Staff was excellent. Busy on Friday night, so due to noise had to give atmosphere a "4" but the remodeling looks great, and everything was very clean. Valet parking is available. The fish options also looked nice, but I could not resist the delicious steaks!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I am new to the area and this guy took me out on a date to Callaro’s. I’m not a big steak eater for the most part, but on a busy Saturday night I saw the waiters carrying out these huge steaks from the kitchen. I knew I had to get one right then and there.

Maybe my date thought I was just a salad eater so he was surprised when I ordered the steak. Actually it wasn’t that much money because they have a special menu where everything is just 19 dollars. So that plus a glass of wine (ok two) and we got out of there for about $70. I had a really good time and the service was excellent.

I’m not sure about the guy but I hope to come back to the restaurant soon. I found out they have a Sunday brunch and even though I live in West Palm I’m going to take the drive and hang out with the girls.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We recently dined with friends at Callaro's which had opened since our last trip to Lake Worth. The "1913 special" was great. I had a stuffed trout which was wonderful. However, it was Saturday night, the place was packed and the waitstaff could not keep up. I will go back but not on Saturday night.

2  Thank Elizxabeth
Reviewed November 5, 2012

took advantage of their $19.13 special which surprisingly included all of their specials as well as almost everything on their regular menu. my wife had the lobster, i had snapper with asian vegetables, included salad, desert, and beverage. I am use to summer specials at south florida restaurants, but usually the summer specials are smaller portions or have a limitted menu. Here it seemed as though everything was full size portion and well prepared with excellent service. The quality of the food was such that we'll go back even at full price (the regular menu seemed appropriately priced)

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Will return soon for the $19.13 menu. Food was excellent! Cheesecake was also good...................................................................