“Open on Xmas day”

Description: Just Google it
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Open on Xmas day”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

As this was the only restaurant open on Xmas day and it also did a Turkey dinner, my other half loves Turkey, we decided to give it a go.
We had to wait about half an hour for a take as they, as you can imaging, it was really busy, so half an hour was fine.
Sadly when we went to order they had run out of Turkey, on Xmas day, who did the ordering, as I said earlier, it was the only place open in Lake Worth, so we ordered other main courses, they food was ok, no more than that, big helpings and fairly cheap, so you can see why people go here, and go out with doggy bags.
It does seem to attract a slightly older clientele.

• Visited December 2013

Jersey, United Kingdom
“Nice for a change”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Not the best restaurant I've ever been to but great for a sandwich , breakfast or a light lunch . Well worth the money

• Visited January 2013
wpbeach
“Toojays...Two "nays."”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Oh, we really loved the convenience of going to our downtown Toojays, and the food has always ranged from being decent to being good, depending on what you order. On our last several visits, the food and service have been "spotty" to put it politely, and on our last visit was so awful that we doubt we'll ever be returning. Firstly, it took about 15 minutes to get someone over to the table, even to give us water, and when we then waited about another 10 minutes, we managed to find a passing waitress and asked her why service was taking so long, and she explained that the amount of servers scheduled is based on how business was the night before. Now, having owned two restaurants, I know that business can be very random, and as you never know, you must be properly prepared. For what servers are paid hourly, it does not make sense to understaff, which they clearly did in this case, resulting in obviously unhappy, complaining customers, which we observed. (as well as WERE.) Though they were not yet super busy, we estimated that between the 3 servers, they had a minimum of about 30 customers each. This is way too many, especially given this restaurants set up. Tables were vacated and left dirty, with piles of plates, for, well, I actually counted, it was 17 minutes before either the busboy or manager stopped walking aimlessly around and did something about it. We finally managed to order (we had been there 20 minutes at this point) and ordered the "garlic crusted trout", at the waiters suggestion. After another 20 minutes of waiting, the food was finally brought, and we knew instantly that it was not going to be a good experience. The "crust" consisted of about 1/3 of an inch of completely DRY garlic powder, there was nothing "crust" like about it, and when we both started to lightly push it with our forks, the "crust" just slid away literally like very dry sand. Awful. It was TRULY inedible. I managed to flag down the manager and with no anger informed him that the meals were not edible, that we had already been there 45 minutes, and would pay for the salads but that we were leaving. He did apologize and seemed embarrassed when he observed our atrocious "food", and told us "no charge" and we left. By the way, at a time shortly before this, another manager was giving a lecture to a few people, including me, who had just walked in and hadn't even sat down yet, on how customers have to realize that food takes time and they need to act appropriately. I have no doubt that they WERE acting appropriately RILED, at the bad service. (I do not critique the servers manner nor attitudes, by the way, I have to admit that they have never been anything but polite, but are clearly overwhelmed with TOO many customers) As for the VILE food, it should have never left the kitchen and certainly wouldn't have in my restaurant. I rarely write letters of complaint, but this was such a negative and, in my estimation, totally avoidable experience, that I wrote their corporate headquarters, telling them of our experience. After a few days, I received an e-mail of apology, with the standard.."We strive to attain the upmost.."..blah..blah...And also, a notice that two dinner coupons would be on their way, and would we please give them another chance? I was and am hesitant to ever go back, but in the spirit of cooperation agreed. That was well over a month ago and no coupons are forthcoming. Just as well, as we have NOT returned, and have no plans to. Very sad, as this was, as I said, a very convenient place nearby, we liked the staff, and the food WAS acceptable and often good. "Gourmet", as in their title? NO. But, decent. That has changed and I have heard many others say the same thing. I do hope they address this if they want to stay in business.

• Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
“Disappointed ”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I don't mind waiting a half hour for my order to arrive but when the restaurant is pretty empty that's a not acceptable. It's also not acceptable to have your soup brought out together with your entree. And it's really not acceptable for your entree to be served cold.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Great job catering our event!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Had these guys cater a meal for 60 clients. The food was nicely presented and well-received by our group. It was delivered when they said it would be and the set-up was flawless. My go-to guys when I do this again!

• Visited September 2013

Been to Toojay's Gourmet Deli? Share your experiences!