“rush to judgement”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I recently gave Alabama Joe's a terrible review due to an extremely rude server and very poor steak salad. Against my better judgement I made a return visit, but htis time to the Lantana Road branch(Original review was to the Boynton beach Blvd. branch). Fortunately, this time I had a completely different experience. The server was extremely courteous and efficient. The pulled BBQ pork sandwich and steak fries were delicious. The beer was icy cold and the seating permitted great view of the game we were watching. The moral of this turnaround should be that a restaurant should not be judged on the basis of contact with one indivdual and one bad dish.

1  Thank worldtraveler34372

Reviewed January 12, 2012

I recently visited this sports bar and was overcharged $60.00. It was brought to the attention of the shift manager and he did not look into thee issue. He was very disrespectful, and walked away from my table.

I have attempted to contact the owner/manager several times, but my phone calls have not been returned.

I have reported his business to the better business bureau and the Florida Dept. of business and professional regulations.

PLEASE SAVE YOUR MONEY AND STAY AWAY, AND DO NOT USE YOUR CREDIT CARD !!!!!!

Reviewed December 5, 2011

We arrived at the Boynton Beach branch at 4:00 PM to watch the Giants-Packers game that was to begin at 4:15. The place was crowded with fans watching the early Jets-Redskin game. We sat down at the only available table which was a table for six. We were aproached by a server/hostess who told us we couldn't sit there since there was only two of us. We told her once the first game ends we will take one of the smaller tablessShe told us that all the smaller tables were booked for the second game and the table we were sitting at would also be occupied by a huge crowd that they were expecting. She told us either take a small booth (With a poor view of the game or leave). The first game then ends and almost every table now becomes empty. When I brought this to the attention of the extremely rude hostess, she defended her action("I thought they were all going to stay")but did not apologize to us for her rudeness. We only stayed since my friend wanted to see the game.
We both ordered a steak salad which consisted of the most inedible steak, or for that matter any other type of meat I have ever tasted! It is a toss-up whether the food or the lack of common courtesy by the hostess was the worst part of the experience at Alabama Joe's.

1  Thank worldtraveler34372
Reviewed August 23, 2011

When I first went to Alabama Joe's I went expecting the typical sports bar experience -- which is true of the atmosphere, with the added plus of outdoor seating if you wish (with umbrellas).

There is nothing wrong with the sports bar setting, it's roomy, it's not too noisy at all, it's family friendly -- I guess I just expected, because most sports bars I know of are chains, the food to be the same. NOT TRUE! This food is so much better!!

I recently went to a Duffy's and ordered the same meal I had at Alabama Joe's. What a HUGE disappointment Duffy's was. Alabama Joe's has items on the menu I am not accustomed to seeing, such as fried chicken. This is not the frozen fried chicken, they make it and they make it well! I'd long been thinking, "How come I never see fried chicken on a menu?" and, lo and behold, Alabama Joe's has it!

My daughter ordered the fettucini alfredo... AWESOME. I mean, awesome. Not canned sauce like Olive Garden, but HOME MADE, RIGHT THERE ON THE SPOT (the server even told me they do make their own sauce) and it was fantastic. A casual dining area, yes, but the food we tried was SO much better than the average casual dining sports bars I've been to!

I heard, not sure if it happened, that they were doing so well that they were going to open a second location in Boynton Beach. Unsure if that happened or will, but I am glad we live close to this one! We've been there a few times and have consistently received prompt, friendly service and really yummy food. Also, the portion sizes are good. I had food to bring home from my fried chicken meal and my daughter couldn't have finished that fettucini alfredo if she'd had to! My husband was happy for the leftovers!

There is a variety of food on the menu from burgers and sandwiches to, obviously, friend chicken and alfredo and I certainly have not tried everything, but everything I have tried has been tasty. Definitely a good choice for a casual dining experience with a better quality ingredient than most.

Located in the old Publix plaza (now TJ MAxx Home Goods is in it's spot) on the Southeast corner of Lantana and Jog, it's a good choice.

Yes, they are kid - friendly and have a children's menu

Please let me know if this has been helpful.

Been to Alabama Joe's? Share your experiences!