“Amazing!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Burlington, Vermont
“Amazing!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I just returned from dinner at this restaurant with my family. I was inspired to try it after reading TripAdvisor reviews. I was so blown away by the subtlety of the flavors, the freshness of the ingredients and the hospitality of the owners and staff that I am compelled to write. We all agreed this was one of the best meals we have had recently,(we all eat out regularly at great restaurants from San Francisco to Burlington, VT). Chef is gifted-from short ribs to delicate pastry for empanada's and desserts. We were a little put off by store front at first, and thought it was going to be more of a take out place. Wrong. Seriously, one of the best meals ever. The presentation of each dish was beautiful. The restaurant was small but clean and very comfortable. We will be back next year. Highly recommend.

• Visited March 2013

Halifax, Canada
“Everybody Imagines This”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Your eye catches a hundred dollar bill on the sidewalk. Your oyster on the half shell reveals a priceless pearl. Your sense of adventure tells you to try that oddly named restaurant with cuisine you've never had, considered, or even heard of. It's Peruvian. (Exactly where's Peru anyway?) It's in a strip mall next to a tanning salon, surrounded by fast food joints and gas stations. You take a chance. And you score. The ceviche is the best you've ever had. It's got three kinds of seafood in it. You asked yourself if you were crazy ordering raw fish in a joint like this. You were crazy like a fox. The Peruvian paella puts Spain's to shame. More ridiculously fresh fish, mussels, chicken...all cooked perfectly. You don't even know what that means, but you know it when you see it. And taste it. The couple who run the place are the most friendly, charming and disarmingly honest people you met, since...well, at least a year ago. Or three. Even the house wine—from Peru (Where's Peru again?)—is too good to believe. Grab that hundred dollar bill off that sidewalk. It'll buy you an unforgettable dinner for two at EatPeruvian Bakery & Café. (And breakfast somewhere more ordinary the next morning.) This kind of thing only comes around a few times in a normal lifespan. Hurry.

Halifax, Canada
“One of those "finds" you remember forever.”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Tired of the burger,steak, Italian fare, of southeast Florida, we sought out a different experience. Though there were only 4 reviews, all were great and so we decided to chance it. So VERY glad we did.
Can't say enough about the Ceviche de Pescado. Divine . We also had the Arroz con Pollo (fabulous) and the Pescado a lo Macho. The cooking of the seafood was perfection in all of the dishes. We opted for the Peruvian white wine and were pleasantly surprised.
Service was friendly, accommodating and knowledgeable. Ambience was clean and comfortable but modest. Do not let the location fool you. Price was very exceptional considering the calibre of food.
This is a gem. Can't wait to go back.

Seattle, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous dinner; friendly chef”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Four of us just returned from EatPeruvian and had a fabulous dinner. It is no longer a bakery, but their Peruvian food was outstanding. All of our dishes, including Ceviche, Paella, Pescado a lo Macho and Tacu Tacu con Mariscos, were consistently excellent in taste, presentation and value. The quality of the fish and shellfish was outstanding: very fresh, succulent, and prepared with sauces that perfectly complimented the flavor of each seafood. I would highly recommend a visit for lunch or dinner and say hi to the chef. He was very accommodating and friendly, chatting with us about his background and sharing his experience with his new restaurant. Don't be put off by the location in a strip mall...it is worth the drive!

Michigan
“Tiny Place but Very Good Food”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My wife and I visited for lunch. It's a tiny place in a strip mall. Wasn't sure what to expect. We had a LocalDines coupon but be aware - the new owners don't accept them. We decided to stay anyway and I'm sure glad we did!

It's kind of plain inside but appears very clean. I ordered Tallerin a la Huacaina - a chicken dish with linguini. WOW!! Not overly spicy but very tasty. My wife had Aji de Gallina - another chicken dish. I honestly can't say which one was best. They were both very good. Portions were quite generous. We both took half of our meals home.

Chef Dario came out and introduced himself to us. He has just purchased the place within the last month or so. I can only imagine things will get better and better. I'm sure we'll be back.