“Smoke Gets In Your Eyes”
Review of Havana Hideout - CLOSED

Havana Hideout
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Mexican, Tex-Mex, Family Friendly, Outdoor Seating
Hobe Sound, Florida
“Smoke Gets In Your Eyes”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly:

GOOD
The servers were attentive and honest.
There was a certain charm about being outside in nice weather.

BAD
Food was mediocre at best.
Cuban sandwich was cold.
Tacos are uninspired supermarket stuff.
Food service -- order until delivery time was over 45 minutes.
Waitress informed us the beer selection changes so often she can't keep up and customers complain about a lack of consistency.

UGLY
Smokers are everywhere, both in the outside dining area and inside bar.
Food prepared out of a standalone, in the parking lot, "Roach Coach" to get around health codes and smoking regulations.

If you're going to south Florida for vacation you'll find a better choice anywhere.

• Visited January 2014

Medfield, Massachusetts
“Not what we expected”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We love to visit restaurants where Guy Fieri took his Diners, Drive-ins & Dives show so we were sure to stop here. The atmosphere was funky, the smell of cigarette smoke and beer heavy and the food was just OK. Even ordering "What Guy Had" we were not impressed.

• Visited January 2014
Lake Worth, Florida
“I'll be Back!”
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

My son has been wanting to eat here for months, so two days before he goes back college we did it. We each ordered an item and split a Cuban sandwich. We both decided no sharing it next time!
I won't be waiting for my son's next visit home to return!

Visited January 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Dont expect fancy - but great lunch spot if you are a 'foodie'”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

When I say don't expect fancy - it's served outdoors in a plastic basket with plastic silverware.

But soooooooo worth it. I'm a Diners, Dives and Drive In's fan so I try to hit up as many of the local flavors when I am traveling and easily this food choice was one of the best I've had in the NUMEROUS places I have tried.

I went with the recommend special of 3 items that was featured on the show. Flavorful and something I would have never tried all by myself. It was way too much food for lunch but I tried all 3 and left with a full belly. I had to go back to work, but if you are vacationing - great selection of beers and specials.

I would clearly go back when I am in Lake Worth again!

• Visited November 2013
Florida
“Nice tucked away spot”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

unique place with great brews and best quacamole in town! Went on a sunday and they were setting up for life music. Had DDD sampler and loved it.

• Visited October 2013