“Dont expect fancy - but great lunch spot if you are a 'foodie'”
Review of Havana Hideout - CLOSED

Havana Hideout
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Mexican, Tex-Mex, Family Friendly, Outdoor Seating
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Dont expect fancy - but great lunch spot if you are a 'foodie'”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

When I say don't expect fancy - it's served outdoors in a plastic basket with plastic silverware.

But soooooooo worth it. I'm a Diners, Dives and Drive In's fan so I try to hit up as many of the local flavors when I am traveling and easily this food choice was one of the best I've had in the NUMEROUS places I have tried.

I went with the recommend special of 3 items that was featured on the show. Flavorful and something I would have never tried all by myself. It was way too much food for lunch but I tried all 3 and left with a full belly. I had to go back to work, but if you are vacationing - great selection of beers and specials.

I would clearly go back when I am in Lake Worth again!

• Visited November 2013

Florida
“Nice tucked away spot”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

unique place with great brews and best quacamole in town! Went on a sunday and they were setting up for life music. Had DDD sampler and loved it.

• Visited October 2013
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Love this 'lil Hideout”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Was introduced to this lil outdoor restaurant by a good friend and have made it a weekly family meet that we call Taco Tuesday. Good food, great service and charming outdoor atmosphere right in downtown Lake Worth. Dogs welcome and awesome servers...don't forget to try the ring game..

• Visited September 2013
Eastanollee, Georgia
“Fun place”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Fun place to hang out and the service was outstanding. The food, although chosen by the Food Channel, was mediocre at best. Good place to hang out for drinks and relax, though.

Visited September 2013
South Florida, Florida
“A dive, but a good one”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My wife and I tried Havana Hideout for the first time last night. After watching the DDD video on their web site, we tried the DDD sampler as many other reviewers have, and we both really enjoyed it -- I especially liked the Pionono. It was plenty of food -- I managed to finish mine, but my wife brought part of hers home. The other items on the menu looked good too. Prices were very reasonable for both food and drink.

Havana Hideout serves beer (lots of choices on draft), wine, and sangria, but no other alcohol. Because it's just a food truck, everything is served in paper and plastic, like take out. The outside metal tables are under a tent, which I guess is a recent addition based on earlier reviews, so you won't get wet if it rains. There was no music when we were there (we got there around 6:30 on a Saturday) -- one band was leaving and another was setting up. We're planning to go back on Friday for both dinner and music because a friend's band will be playing (we'll try different food this time).

I'm glad our friend will be playing there, because we might not have tried Havana Hideout otherwise. We weren't actually planning to eat there last night -- we were going to eat at The Cottage, but they were closed for renovations. We decided to check out Havana Hideout even though we would back there next week, and we're glad we did. If you're looking for good Mexican/Cuban food in a very casual setting, with or without music, you should check it out too.

• Visited September 2013