“Fantastic soup!!”
Review of 2 Chef's Souparee

2 Chef's Souparee
Ranked #32 of 273 Restaurants in Lake Worth
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Delicious comfort food! Stop in on a chilly Florida day for a real treat! The french onion soup is to die for!

Reviewed December 10, 2011

The soup Nazi can't even compete with chef Tom !! The soups are beyond words! From she crab to split pea, His daily menu consists of over 10 homemade taste bud tantalizing soups. The sandwiches and dinners are also top notch!

1  Thank dannah62
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Maybe it's just me, but I tend to think of soup as inexpensive. However, this is what they do best.

Typically there are at least 10 soups to choose from daily, maybe even more. There are some old standbys that seem to be there each time I visit but I know they do change some things up from time to time.

It is a VERY small place, maybe 6 places to sit if that - kind of like a small Chinese take out facility. But you go to the counter and order the soup - and the available soups are all listed on a board behind the counter. They are happy to give you samples of any and all of the soups before making your choice.

My daughter's favorite is typically the chicken pot pie soup. I go more toward the beef stew - but be careful, if it's toward the end of the pot there are no chunky meat pieces left - just some stringy remains.

Being that this is South Florida, it is not that often that I am in the mood for soup but it is very close to my house so sometimes, in a pinch, we will stop in.

They also have dinner specials. I tried one once and, at a cost of about 13 dollars, I was NOT at all impressed. Some sound better than others (it changes) but I only had the opportunity to try it once.

The owners also make some desserts (which I think are a little pricey for a home made cupcake just like I would make at home with a cake mix). However, one time she made this orange cake? Holy smokies was THAT thing DELICIOUS! Home made and fabulous!!

The soups are separated into two price ranges, the broth based and then the more expensive creamier varieties (such as the Chicken Pot Pie soup).

I got clam chowder the last time I was there and was disappointed I had two big chunks of clam and that was all I could find in the bowl, but I did stop in just before closing and prpbably got the bottom of the soup pot.

They close at 8, so be sure to stop in earlier if you want to get one of the dinner selections or they will not have time to prepare it for you.

I have never sat in and ate as the place is so tiny I don't find it comfortable, I always order for take home.

They do have some super awesome whole grain bread (they have other choices, but I get the whole grain) that I get with the soup, put a little butter on it and YUM, is it ever a great side with the soups

The oyster crackers I had to ask for when I got my clam chowder last trip were so stale they were inedible. So they may want to look into where they get their cracker packets or how long they've been around. No one likes a stale cracker, especially with a good soup.

It's in the corner of a strip mall on the corner of Lantana and Jog Roads in Lake Worth where TJ Maxx is, same plaza at Outback Steak House.

Oh, and you can choose to take home containers of soup by the bowl, pint, or quart. I think a quart runs about 13 dollars if I am not mistaken.

Another good soup is the asparagus soup (sounds bad but is SOOO good) and they also seem to have she-crab soup when I am there but I don't personally care for it. I am not saying others will not, but I am not really a crab person unless it's snow crab legs!

Reviewed January 29, 2011

It's a quiet, and unassuming looking place, with basic self-seating tables (and only a few of those)... but OMG... THE SOUP! I had "Loaded Potato" soup, there were at least 8 others to choose from including Tomato (Basil), Beer Cheese... portions are HUGE if you eat in; so big that I took 1/2 of my soup home. Soup is served with a HOMEMADE piece of artisan bread -- I chose Sundried Tomato (they had a Black Olive, Rye, and a few others. Bread was nice and crusty on the outside and perfectly soft and springy on the inside. With a pat of butter, it complemented my soup well. I also ordered a 1/2 sandwich (grilled ham and cheese on rye bread... yummo!) as part of a lunch (all day I was told) special.
The employee was extremely knowledgeable, friendly and perfectly chatty, giving me all the basics and inviting me back to experience dinner sometime and outlined all the specials for that time of day.
Everything is homemade daily...I took the business cart and will definitely return.
I'm so glad that I had a soup craving today and finally decided to try this place!

Reviewed May 29, 2010

Absouletely love there food ! There soup is delicious and freshly made! They let you try any type of soup! Owners are very friendly

1  Thank Nanu2490