“Great Value for a Weekend Get-a-way!”
Review of New Sun Gate

New Sun Gate
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Lake Worth
Tampa, Florida
“Great Value for a Weekend Get-a-way!”
Reviewed May 3, 2010

My boyfriend and I were in search of an affordable hotel for a weekend stay near West Palm Beach. We were on a bit of a budget and excited to find an affordable hotel close to the beach. We were traveling with our infant daughter as well.
We arrived much later than the check-in time and we were still kindly greeted and taken care of right away. We were given a nice room in the corner, it was very quiet. The hotel had a cute theme and big rooms. Our bed was very comfortable and all 3 of us slept wonderfully! There was a restaurant and pool available, however we didn't get the chance to enjoy either one. We would definitely stay there again and will recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank HorningFam3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Bad Hersfeld
Reviewed April 25, 2010

After already staying at the New Sungate in 2008, returned this year for another week.
Very good value and very friendly and helpful personnel. Minor inconveniences (no ice machine, but ice available on request; Internet access slightly flakey in the most distant rooms), but more than made up in the overall package.
Good room setup with refrigerator/freezer, microwave, coffeemaker, toaster, etc.; PCs w/Internet-access available at the breakfast/dinner area.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
new york
Reviewed January 10, 2010

After all of the good reviews I thought I'd balance them out a little. BIG Cockroaches... it's Florida, so I'm not too surprised. The mattress was covered in plastic under the sheets. Noisy, no sleep. Sticky wicker table in the room, and then they changed/added furniture during the day when we were out. Browbeating by manager/owner because I booked online (not by calling), which went on repeatedly until I said "enough!"
It's a dive. A kitschy dive, but still sticky and dive-y, and I wouldn't stay there again or recommend it.

• Stayed December 2009
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank pickling

Travelers are raving about these Lake Worth hotels

Nokia, Finland
Reviewed December 17, 2009

We originally chose the motel because it was cheap and located in peaceful Lake Worth.

We will return because it is simply GREAT value and I cannot describe how they take such good care of you - they will literally do ANYTHING so you have a great stay! The best customer care I have ever had anywhere, even in four and five star hotels!

So, the room was big, and the beds were *huge*. They were very good beds, too, which was a pleasant surprise as hubby has a bad back. On par with the best hotels we have visited. The toilet worked, and there was plenty of hot water. Those were the basics we noticed arriving there after 20+ hours trip, really tired. :O)

Next day we found the heated pool and sun loungers.

Mike, the owner, is a wonderful guy with a big heart. Any time I needed anything or just some advice, he helped me out and he is just so genuine and great person.

The maid visited every day about 11 - 12 A.M. and did a good job.

The towels were changed every other day.

Oh and there were absolutely NO insects in the room, any time, ever!

The motel was a bit worn, as were the appliances, but everything worked just fine.

I do not think you could find better value! I would be happy to return any day! :O)

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 11, 2009

We had a nice evening at the New Sun Gate.  We wanted something non-standard, a tad kitschy (in a good way!) but clean at a reasonable price which is just what we got.  These rooms are named after different iconic celebrities like Elvis, Charlie Chaplin or Lucille Ball and decorated in a style reminiscent to the character.  The pool are is tropical and lovely.  The motel is older but delightfully so and quite clean.  The couple who runs the establishment are quite friendly and most helpful.  I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
milwaukee, wi
Reviewed August 9, 2009

Just wanted to say that this was a good place to stay. I spent a weekend therein the end of July and did not have any issues. The hotel staff was nice and the rooms clean. It was a safe hotel and for the price it can not be beat. I was not going to take the time to write a review but after reading a bad review posted on this web site I decided to let everybody read about my stay at here.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Estonia
Reviewed July 10, 2009

This is the best motel in Lake Worth to stay for sure!!
The room was very spacious, cosy, with all comforts (WiFi, fridge, coffee maker, microwave, AC, hairdryer, TV, etc.) and the most important thing - it was very very clean and safe. We stayed there about 2 weeks and we NEVER had to complain about warm water or clean sheets/towels.
The staff was extremely friendly and helpful (we had a chance to meet the owner too - great guy!!). They always recommended us what to do or where to go and how to get there.
We also liked that the motel had a corner of BBQ grill, everyone could use it for free. The location of the motel was also great - not far from West Palm Beach, Sawgrassmills Mall (for shopping ;)), Miami and especially from beautiful beach.
Definitely will recommend this motel to my friends!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
#1 of 5 in Lantana
Holiday House Motel
Holiday House Motel
#3 of 11 in Lake Worth

Been to New Sun Gate? Share your experiences!