“Excellent friendly service, heartily recommend”
Review of New Sun Gate

New Sun Gate
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Lake Worth
Reviewed March 19, 2011

The owner, Mike is always on site during waking hours and goes beyond the call of duty to take care of the visitors. Provides a hot breakfast, eggs, sausage, toast and coffee every morning at a very reasonable rate.

It is close to City Place and Worth Avenue. Less than a mile from Lake Worth and a mile an half to the beach. Lake Worth is a fun town at night. Plenty of restaurants of all types and quality.

Ten minutes to the air port and five minutes from I-95

This is my wife and my fourth visit and we hope to get away next year and visit it again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank richardfox1

Reviewed March 13, 2011

If you are looking for a nice motel for your stay call Mike at The New Sun Gate, don't book with one of those on-line travel companies. Very clean, close to lots of nice eatery's and most of all it felt like I was with family.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank greenebrowne
Reviewed March 6, 2011

Stayed here for a few days when visiting my parents. It was me in one room, and sister and brother in law with an infant in another. Mike, the owner, was extremely helpful and courteous when we were making arrangements, and gave us a great deal on the rooms. We checked out earlier than planned because a free place to stay opened up, and he did not give us a hard time at all or try to change the rate, which I really appreciated. The pool is nice, and the rooms were very clean. Small criticism would be that it's further from downtown than I thought - 15 minute walk to Lake Ave., and a much longer one over the causeway to the beach. Some local residents thought that the area around the hotel was dangerous, but I did not get that impression at all. Overall, very good value for the price.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank sebastian1121
Reviewed February 20, 2011

This is the best value I've found in a long time. The manager was extraordinarily friendly and helpful. The manager even sent me some items I left without charge!

I stumbled onto this motel, got a great place and stayed for several nights, while I explored skulling in the West Palm Beach area. I had the Charlie Chaplin room, which was spacious with a decent bed, fairly quiet, and clean.

The motel is close to the intercoastal waterway with nice biking over the bridge and within walking distance of restaurants and shops.

Very friendly. Thanks Mike,
Cynthia

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Cynthia B
Reviewed January 1, 2011

I travel frequently for work over the last 30 years. The usual business class hotels- Marriott, Hyatt, and a boutique resorts are my baseline. My room at new Sungate was the "Charlie Chaplin" end room, as I'd requested a clean, and quiet room. That is was "dellivered" for my 3 night stay. The king mattress was very comfortable compared to some of the "chain hotels" previously listed. Yes, I was shocked when I first arrived, as this is a very dated property, and matching bedspreads and drapes were not a priority for the owners. Meanwhile, it was CLEAN, a minor sugar ant problem in the bathroom. Get a "sleep machine" and room fan to knock back the sound from the window AC/Heat unit. No matter where I've stayed where these units are installed, they all "make noise" cycling on & off. Overall, don't let the dated looks fool you. A very decent place to stay for the price, and they do CARE that you have a good stay. My family is in the area, so I will be back to the New Sungate. Thanks Mike to you, and your staff. Rhonda

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank moonmermaid
Reviewed November 7, 2010

Stayed for 1 week and thought the quality was quite good for the price paid. There was good security and the owner went out of his way to make sure your needs were taken care of. Pool was clean, beds were comfortable and towels were soft. Location is central and and only 5 minutes from the beach.
Would definately stay there again...for the money you can't beat it.

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank Lorraine047
Reviewed August 2, 2010

I have stayed there twice now and will definitely be back! The rooms are very clean and come equipped with coffee maker, microwave & fridge! The owner really seems to care about the people who stay there. Both times he has been friendly, helpful and accommodating! The location is great ~ I ride my bicycle downtown & to the beach! You can't ask for a better place with a reasonable rate! Thank you Mike!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
#1 of 5 in Lantana
Scandia Lodge
Scandia Lodge
#7 of 8 in Lake Worth

Been to New Sun Gate? Share your experiences!