“simply the best” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Norbys Steak & Seafood

Norbys Steak & Seafood
Ranked #11 of 78 Restaurants in Lake Wales
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
lake wales fl
“simply the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2010

it has it all atmosphere excellent food and friendly servers

Florida
“I love this place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2009

Here is another place to experience for the real Florida not the chain type restaurants. When we first went here I was like, where in the world are we going and my husband called it a beer joint. Well that was ten years ago and now it has been upgraded. The food has remaind the same, super. We have taken a cosmopolitan (Scottish, English, Swedish and U S) crowd here and they have all love it. This is easier to find as it's on SR 60 in Lake Wales. Never judge a book by it's cover and this is that sort of place. In the winter months when the snowbirds are here it's busy, so you might have to wait. In off season you will get a table early and might have a really short wait later in the evening. Enjoy.

Plant City FL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“2 words to describe- Awe-Some!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2009

After a recent trip to visit my Grandmother at her vacation home in Lake Wales, I researched the area and stumbled across Norby's and read the great reviews, I of course HAD to try it. Let me say that Mr. Wayne Finger (owner- and general hard worker) simply made our meals/experiences an A+! Quaint and Country is how the building is- nothing fancy, but staff was welcoming and helpful.

I ordered a 16 oz steak cooked to medium included was a baked potato and corn or green beans, a basket of garlic toast, a generous salad AND ice cream for dessert. All for (drum roll please) $9.99. The best steak that I have ever ever put in my mouth and I am a steak fanatic!

I was so stuffed! My grandmother who is a regular asked a question about their fresh oysters, and Mr. Finger said "Let me cook you two to try on me" How generous of him! She loved the oysters and purchased an order. I do not eat seafood but she said they were wonderful!

I personally can not believe how great this meal was- please try it if you are in the area!

Amanda

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank homewithjacob
Central Florida
“One Taste & you'll be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2009

Don't let the lack of exterior decor fool you into passing by this hidden gem.
It is a maze of small rooms,&patios---gives it that 'mom& pop' feel.
The pitcher of wine was good, the appetizer of tenderloin on toast with either garlic or horseradish topping-superb. The salad actually had a big slice of a REAL tomato--not that cardboard imitation most places offer. I had the mixed grill--shrimp, scallops & small tenderloin--all excellent. Hubby had the large filet--very tender & favourful.
Norby is from Kelley's Island , Ohio & we actually had a pilot friend in common-small world--lots of neat photos on walls.
This snowbird will be back!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Lake Wales Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best jewel in Lake Wales”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2008

I went to"Trip Advisor" for a restaurant to take relatives visiting from Wales.
I prefer to put forth the negatives in hopes it will discourage idiots from coming.
The outside is sketchy, plastic chairs and cutup rooms with a rustic, but comfortable atmosphere.
There were five in my group, three ordered the $15 dollar special
four oz beef, three shrimps on stick, three scallop on a stick.
Two ordered the $20 Steak and shrimp special
The beef is the best in Polk County and probably beyond.
The shrimp and scallops were good and could stand on thier own, but the beef is on a different level.
If you want a oak captains chair and need to be seen, this is (thank God) not your place.
If you want REAL Quality Beef at a fair price, Norby's on Rte 60 in Lake Wales is for you.

1 Thank Portugalphil