“They went above and beyond. Thank you.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Wales
Ranked #1 of 5 Lake Wales B&B and Inns
Scottsdale
“They went above and beyond. Thank you.”
Reviewed March 1, 2011

Hi. We moved from one of the resort hotels in the Orlando area to the Hampton Inn Lake Wales to attend to some family business. What a great decision!!! They could not have been more accommodating. The staff is extremely polite, however, I'd like to say that Rene at the front desk went above and beyond, always with a smile and always referring to me by name. When we couldn't get the printer to work in the Business Office, she set me up at the front desk to print some important documents. What a pleasant experience. Thanks for all your assistance.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lindafromscottsdale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Chatham, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 17, 2011

We were tired from a day of touring and happy to find this property. While a bit more costly than we expected, the room was very clean, spacious, comfortable and quiet. We were very happy to stay in this fine property and would highly recommend it. With breakfast included and a great night's sleep, this hotel is worth it.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ChathamMass
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed January 9, 2011

My sister and I were traveling to Avon Park for a family funeral. We had stayed in Avon Park before and had not been impressed. We saw the reviews for the Hampton Inn in Lake Wales and decided to give it a try since we were flying into Orlando. I'm so glad we did. The hotel is lovely and the staff could not have been more gracious. It is not a high end place, but the rooms are very attractive and couldn't be cleaner. My parents and my second cousins all stayed here and we were treated so well.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank mvealey
Anacortes
Reviewed May 28, 2010

What a great place to stay - You feel right at home with all the comforts you could ask for. Staff were great - The breakfast was wonderful. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. This is one of the nicest Hamptons Inn we've stayed at.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Podunct
treasure island florida
Reviewed May 19, 2009

My family stayed at the Hampton Inn for one night with the MS 150 Citrus Tour on May 15, 2009. From the time I made my reservation and was helped to get a room when no more showed available that would suit my party of 3, to courteous and friendly check in, help with procurring safety pins, and quick check out, they staff was wonderful.

The room was spotless and extremely comfortable. It was hard to get up at 4:15 am to get to the start line of the race on time! The microwave popcorn in the room was a very nice touch even though we didn't use it.

The nicest thing was that Management decided to start breakfast at 5 am instead of the usual 6 am to accommodate all of the riders who had to leave around 6 am. The front desk made sure to tell everyone checking in about this early breakfast and it was such a welcome surprise. I know they made many fans with this thoughtful gesture.

I don't know when my travels will take me back to Lake Wales, but I can guarantee that I will stay at the Hampton Inn again.

Thanks to everyone for a wonderful night.

• Stayed May 2009
1 Thank 1hotelgirl
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 12, 2008

I've traveled world wide and I have stayed in many top-end hotels(mostly luxury 4,5 or 6 star level). But I have to Say: This is by far the best hotel in the low/mid-price range I've stayed in.(There are NO Luxury Hotels in Lake Wales any way, plus I'm in town to work for a few days, not here on vacation)

The rooms are very NEW(the hotel is new) and spacious. Every area in this hotel is clean and well decorated. I have requested for a quiet room(since I'm in town on a job assignment and need to rest well when I'm not working in the near by hospital); they hotel manager able to arrange for a king studio suite room on the 3rd floor over looking the beautiful green pasture /ranch/ lake area on the back side of the building.(The front side of the building faces US highway 27, but you will be able to see the Historical Bok-Tower from there)

The staff here are extremely friendly and helpful. They have given me tips about where to find nice dinning place. This is a small town, and I truly believe Small Town people are so much friendlier than what I'm use to deal with!!

The always available coffee station in the Lobby is such a wonderful blessing. The complimentary Breakfast Buffet in the Lounge area is very nicely done. It includes wide selections: Coffee/tea/juices/milk, jellys/butter, cereals/bread/muffins, freshly cut fruits and hot item such as eggs/ham/cheeze/oat meals/ grits etc...)

Wireless internet is complimentary in the hotel room and in the Lounge and Lobby area.

If you are staying in the Lake Wale area, this is the best Hotel for you!

• Liked — Price, Cleaniness, friendly staff, location
  • Disliked — None
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank WorldTravelerTampa
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 20, 2008

Another late arrival, another brand new Hampton Inn and Suites, so new it doesn't even come up on GPS. Unfortunately the front desk had trouble entering my HH status, and could not give me a smoking room. I understood, I said. Well we only have 4, the clerk said. If I had known the smoking rooms were so few I would have stayed somewhere else.

Suite was great size, huge bed, nice sitting area, full wet bar. Bathroom was luxurious and clean. The room problem was the HVAC system, which is on a motion detector. It was slightly chilly out, I had the heat on and was awakened several times in the night when the HVAC shut off while I was sleeping and the room had turned quite cold. I had to hop around a little (not to mention go outside for a smoke) to get the HVAC to kick in again.

After a disappointing breakfast (in the middle of orange grove country, only soggy warm fruit salad for cut fruit) I asked the manager why there were only 4 smoking rooms for such a large property. Well, in my opinion there shouldn't be any and if you want to smoke you should stay somewhere else, our guests don't want any at all, the manager said. He wanted to argue with me about the issue, and I refused. That did it. Beyond all the minor quibbles, the huge reason why I won't stay here again is that the manager did not respectfully listen to a guest complaint offered respectfully.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
LEGOLAND Florida Hotel
LEGOLAND Florida Hotel
#1 of 16 in Winter Haven
Americas Best Value Inn Winter Haven

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Wales? Share your experiences!