“Do You Think You Should Stay Here?”

Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Wales
Ranked #1 of 6 Lake Wales B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 25, 2013

ABSOLUTELY!

From the moment we walked into this hotel to check in, the front-desk staff was extremely friendly and checked me in rather quickly. She also pointed out amenities, breakfast times, hotel pantry, and pointed me towards the elevators.

Upon walking into the room, it appeared to be extremely tidy, a bit small, but perfect for a family of 4 for a one-night stay. I must add that the beds were extremely comfortable and noise level was low. The bathroom is a bit cramped, but I do like all the space to put your toiletries and they offer a nice selection of complimentary toiletries as well.

The breakfast was good enough to start your day, but the breakfast room does not have enough tables to seat a lot of people. On this particular visit, there were no seats to be found and you had to go elsewhere. Also, the hotel really needs to put trash cans in the breakfast area, as most people didn't know where to put their plates when they were finished.

Overall, it was a good-night stay and I would definitely recommend it and come back as well.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Cynderella43

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed having breakfast here..especially the hot oatmeal and condiments for it. If we visit Lake Wales again we'd probably stay here! The staff was very cordial upon check-in though very busy as they were booked for the one night of our stay. Thank goodness we had advance reservations!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank califgirl_13
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We had only planned a three day stop at the hotel but it was so comfortable that we stayed an extra night. I took the recommendation of another reviewer and took a suite on the fourth floor. It was very roomy and clean with two large windows that looked out on a pastoral scene, pond, fields and cattle. There was comfortable seating for watching TV and reading.
We enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere of the hotel and the congenial staff. The breakfast was good with pleasant staff overseeing the buffet. A newspaper was available for reading. Coffee and tea were available throughout the day and around 5 p.m. freshly baked chocolate cookies appeared in the lobby. Facilities for coffee making were also in the suite and there was a microwave.
A Walmart was nearby. As we were staying for a few days, we decided to buy a couple of mugs and some glasses for enjoying our drinks. For hygiene purposes, hotels seem to be using paper disposables now.
We liked their restaurant recommendations that included Sizzling Grill where we enjoyed excellent fish. Mannys was good for ribs.
We also appreciated having a computer available in their business facility. Yes, we would return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Take a fourth floor suite at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelon22
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Normally, Hampton Inns are reliably good. We stay in them a lot. This particular one needs work with both staff and with the complementary breakfast. Watery coffee and watery orange juice were the high points of the breakfast. We know this brand does better elsewhere. The location is convenient and the room was clean.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Upon checking in there were 2 Hampton staff members and a man behind the desk, no one greeted me. I handed my id and cc to the blonde and she turned and told the man next to her to check me in because she was busy. The man had no name tag on, just a black t-shirt and hat... how was I to even know he worked there? He didn't smile or welcome me, didn't tell me what time breakfast was served, where the ice or gym was... things I've come accustomed to over the past 11 years of travel. So, perhaps we got off on the wrong foot... They had a chance to redeem themselves when I went downstairs to my car at 11:50 pm to get my laptop. The same two staff members from the front desk were walking along side me on my way outside, but again, neither smiled or even acknowledged me... they just stood out front and lit up their smokes. I passed by them again on my way back in and they ignored me.

I spoke with the manager upon check out and she apologized... I don't want anyone to get fired, but if you are in a customer service environment you either like working with people or do a good job of pretending you do!

I can't imagine jobs in this area are easy to come by, but if these were my employees there would be some serious training and corrective action plans in place. This level of service I would Expect from a Super 8 or Motel 6, which I haven't stayed in since senior skip day in 1995.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sgator77
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The hotel provided an nice, clean and quiet enviroment. We would highly recommend a stay at the Lake Wales Hampton Inn to anyone visiting the area!!! Complimentary breakfast was good and sufficient to start the day!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I enjoyed the accommodations at the Hampton Inn and Suites Lake Wales. The rooms are clean, quiet and well appointed. I did have a bit of trouble connecting to the Wi-Fi, but the hotel clerk at the front dest was more than happy to help me figure out my Kindle device. Thanks again for a great experience. I always stay at Hampton in Lake Wales when I am traveling Hwy 27 through central Florida.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Hampton Inn Bartow
#1 of 3 in Bartow
Westgate River Ranch Resort & Rodeo
Best Western Auburndale Inn & Suites

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Wales? Share your experiences!