“Old school elegance”

Chalet Suzanne Country Inn & Restaurant
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Chalet Suzanne Road
Description: We invite you to enjoy the harmony of an enchanting setting while you dine on legendary fare making your time here one of the most delightful experiences you will ever encounter.Our dining rooms are open to the public Tuesday through Sunday. Dinner is served from 5:00 - 8:00 pm. Lunch is served Tuesday - Friday from 11:00-2:30 and Saturday and Sunday from 11:00 - 3:00. Breakfast is served on Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 - 10:30 am. If we have houseguests during the week, breakfast is served 9am - 10am Tuesday - Friday and a reservation is required for those wishing to join them for breakfast. Our daily lunch is very casual with entrees priced from $9.00 and up. Attire for breakfast and lunch is casual, however dinner at the Chalet Suzanne is a special occasion for many. Men usually wear a jacket, although a collared shirt and slacks are fine. We always appreciate reservations whenever you dine with us.
Largo, Florida, United States
“Old school elegance”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

He had the lobster bisque and black angus steak and I had the lobster Thermidor. Lovely and leisurely dining experience. Very romantic.

Orlando, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Chalet Old'N'Pricey”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

The place is dilapidated. I don't think even the owners would contest that. It needs so many renovations that I was nervous that I might fall through the floor at one point. We are in our 30s and when we walked into the restaurant the average age of patrons dropped by about 10 years (that's how old their clientelle is). They advertise on TravelZoo to obviously get new customers (presumably younger, so that in a few years some of them may still be alive) - but then when there is an issue with the weekend being a "black out" date they handle by acting powerless to fix issue. They even had said "contact TravelZoo" with your issues. The owner then offered a discount to us on on our room (which was the most expensive in the whole place by the way) but then that discount was taken away from us at check-out because we already had a AAA discount. We had to cause a stir to get part of what was promised to us. Needless to say, based on the upkeep of the property and the managements disconnect with a younger generation they seem to be a bit out of touch. They were also shocked when we didn't say their dinner was amazing. It was "Pretty good". Mind you, For $125.00 for 2 people (the a la carte meal) I can think of a dozen places with better food within 3 miles of my house in Orlando. With a subpar dining experience, dilapidated property, and an inability to effectively handle technicalities they have lost the opportunity to win over a couple of "premium" customers who are great at telling a thousand people when a place has won them over, and now instead are billboards for "Buyer Beware Chalet Suzanne".

1 Thank Mtoxin
“The unique ambiance and exemplary service make the entire experience exceptional.”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is the perfect restaurant for anniversary celebrations. We had a five course meal while listening to live soft piano. We will come back!

Kissimmee, Florida
“Save for the romantic setting, you NEED to pass on Chalet Suzanne.”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

It’s difficult to review a fine restaurant when completely different spectrums go all in one review for such a place. Just thinking about going to Lake Wales FL in the first place just might have your head scratch that is if you ever heard of the place to begin with? Just think 30 miles southwest of Disneyworld and you will have an idea of exactly how far away Chalet Suzanne is from anything with major (visiting) significance, save Lego Land or the interesting but short visit to Bok Tower.

The Good:

Chalet Suzanne has an amazing rustic setting, it’s nearly put together perfectly for a quiet + romantic visit. Once you drive down the very narrow and even curvier road to get to this hidden restaurant you notice right away just how old this place really looks, but in a good way; a paved brick parking lot, old style windows and very unusual shape of the small building itself can be seen.

Inside is where the real ambient treat begins. Old wood floors, creaking, covered with tired rugs and many decorations difficult for the eyes to pinpoint anywhere in the entrance area. After walking down the small corridor of eye popping trinkets you will find the small seating area, with the main inside area overlapping a marsh like lake. There is just enough lighting to see in front of you and hold a good mode setting. I did very much like the pianist; slow ballads and very good use at creating the mode.

The Bad:

This is a fine cuisine restaurant; any customer should expect unforgettable + unusual dishes. Chalet Suzanne does this yes, however not in the way that they should do so, I’ll explain:
The entrée (Filet Mignon) asked for ‘medium well done’, was brought instead a charred top + undercooked (raw) inside, forget about unacceptable that were inexcusable. Was brought back to kitchen and reheated, yes, they brought the same charred + undercooked on the inside piece back to recook.
When it came back the inside was made to a medium well done state however the outside was even more charred than before, making this stake a bad stake. I didn’t want to mention this yet again, because the mode that was built during my romantic visit would’ve put the fire out by this point. It wasn’t just my filet mignon that was charred but my partner’s was as well, at least theirs was cooked inside correctly. The side green beans were tasty and moist however way too much olive oil was put all over the veggies. The starch was some sort of small diced cut potatoes cooked ‘things’, I didn’t try them, they didn’t look like anything special nor did I smell anything different then I have already smelled at any other place that serves them.

Our table, oh boy, well I didn’t mention it at the time but it wasn’t exactly premiere; it wasn’t next to the quiet water viewable windows, you could see the water easily from just one seat and the table setting wasn’t a romantic one; not possible to sit two side by side consecutively, instead each person was sitting perpendicular from one another.
The waitress, her choice of words blurted out from time to time (stupid, crazy, wacky) & they simply didn’t belong. She talked a little too much about things that weren’t even asked about and she came across as too common. The accent sounded something like she was from Massachusetts (which was not a problem). While she did really try to be helpful, she really wasn’t a good waitress; had to ask for more water, more than once, lost touch with her once a party of five sat next to us. This is not the sort of setting I could complain; as it would jeopardize the romantic mood the restaurant had already built, the service given to me this night didn’t come close to justify the servers hefty 20% automatic gratuity.
I won’t be back to visit Chalet Suzanne.

Palm Beach Gardens
“Awesome”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Seriously, folks, living in Palm beach gardens, we have a great selection of some fine restaurants. I must say Chalet Suzanne Restaurant was right there with some of the best. Service was impeccable. The the table setting was interesting and fun, all different dishes. Handmade doilies under the plates. Talk about charming! 7 of us shared the broiled grapefruit and chicken liver appy. Two of us had the Moon Soup. Little on the salty side. I had the Chilean bass, very tasty and well prepared. My husband had the duck and he loved it! The rack of lamb was good, but again on the salty side. Steaks were prepared to requested specifications. Portions were filling and all served hot. The wine was excellent. No room for desserts but a peak at the next table told us all was homemade and delicious looking.
We had to leave very early the next morning which meant we would have to miss breakfast. Breakfast is included in the room charge. We asked the owner if there was any way they could accommodate us and serve breakfast a little earlier. Dee brought a breakfast menu over and we all gave her our order for the next day. At 7:15 am (breakfast normally served 8-10:30am) the doors were unlocked and we were greeted by our pleasant server. Fresh coffee, juice, homemade cinnamon buns, pancakes, eggs cooked to order, sausage and bacon, topped off with croissants. We had the dining room to ourselves. My point is that theses folks went out of their way to accommodate our early departure. All in all a great experience not to be missed if you are in the area!