“Eggstra Special!!!!”

Cuisines: American, Diner
Sodus, Michigan, United States
“Eggstra Special!!!!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Wow - we are staying at a local hotel that offers breakfast but like to try new places on vacation. We found this on trip advisor - no one seemed to know about it at our hotel?!? Well they know now! Egg House is fantastic. It's a small hometown place that everyone seems to love. Large portion, great prices and great service. We went on a Saturday morning and it was busy. There are 5 of us with the kids and we fit in a booth perfect.So much food we had left overs! Extravagant breakfastwas $6.99 and it included the following: 2 eggs anyway, home style potatoes, slice of ham, 2 large sausage links, 3 slices of bacon, and sausage gravy over a biscut. (are you full) we were!! Kids had the usual, pancakes, sausage patties( great flavor) and toast with juice all 5 of us had breakfast and walked out under $35.Thats $7 each including drinks!! For us that is great! Plus got some local gossip and had a few laughs! Try it I think you find a little diamond in the rough!

1 Thank VacationFam1

Tampa, Florida
“good food”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

4 egg omelette grits toast a little too much but was good will be back. great service had a short wait but worth it!

Nalcrest, Florida
“back in lake wales”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

we've returned for the winter & saw that the egg house has opened in a closed
restaurant. we ate here on a sunday, we had a short wait. the food is very good.
the place was jumping. we will be back. for a town so small there are many good
places to eat...this is a must stop!

Lake Wales, Florida
“Pretty good place to eat”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We were out of town most of the summer (2013) and returned to find the Egg House, where the Country House had been before.

We have visited the egg house at least 10 times since returning and have found it to be a good to pretty good place to eat. I did not want to use very good on the rating but I thought the egg house is better than average, but not great. The place usually has a good crowd and at breakfast on weekends be prepared to wait for a table. The service can be slow, but it has always been friendly.

We usually have breakfast, but my son and daughter have ordered burgers at breakfast the last couple of visits. They said the burgers were very good. On my last visit I had a bunch of coffee grinds in my coffee that is the first time it happened. I usually get the breakfast and have enjoyed it every time. I had the Greek Salad but it looked nothing like the picture on Trip Advisor. No olives which I found disappointing for a Greek Salad. Also notice how small the cole slaw serving was with the Cuban. I do not know why they don't fill the little cup with cole slaw up instead of leaving half empty. My Cuban did taste good.

I have taken guests to eat at the Egg House which is a pretty good endorsement. There is another Greek place down the road called Family Restaurant but I like the Egg House Better. I would tell anyone to eat at the Egg House. That said there is room for improvement. I do think it should be higher on the ratings of places to eat in Lake Wales.

• Visited September 2013
Lake Wales, Florida
“Wow! It's good!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Super place for breakfast and lunch. Big portions and very reasonably priced. Good service and great coffee! You may have a short wait as it is small , but it is worth the wait.

• Visited August 2013