“Great stop!”

Florida's Natural Visitor Center
Ranked #7 of 34 things to do in Lake Wales
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We were passing through on our way to Key West from Orlando and happened to see this museum. Although it was small, the staff was really friendly and they had many displays to look at. I especially enjoyed the free samples of juice. The mango- orange flavor was excellent and it was a great cold drink on a balmy day. Outside the museum, there is a cutout for pictures and different varieties of orange trees to look at. The only downside to this museum is that it is not actually at the factory so there isn't any live action going on- the factory is across the street. Overall, I would definitely recommend this stop if you are traveling through Lake Wales. It was pretty interesting from a Midwestern standpoint! :)

1  Thank royalpalm123

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I am going to brag a bit about this place which was easy to find on Rt 27 in Lake Wales, an area that I had never visited in Florida before this "house-hunting" trip....the staff was interested in me as a visitor to the point of taking the time to introduce me to the visitor center, its many fun displays and actually take me to the theater and start the short film about Florida's Natural business. I enjoyed sampling all the orange juice flavors especially the orange mango which was chilled just right for my visit on that 90-degree day in April. I found so many great affordable items to bring home to my family "up north" that the sales clerk gave me a free green Florida's Natural bag to carry my items onto the plane trip home.

1  Thank nanceb1439
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Every time I'm in Lake Wales I stop by in to see what free orange juice flavor they have. And by orange candy. noticing less and less in the store section. They lady at the desk was quite nice and let me sample the tiny oranges out front. Will come back again.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Our family makes a point of finding factory/company tours when we travel to other states. We have two kids 8-9 yrs. This one was not super exciting for any of us. Very small and not able to see any "real" working action. The visitor center is across the road from the actual factory and company. The 14 minute video was good... will give them that but beyond that if they are going to try to attract more families and not just senior citizens I think they need to do a bit more. They gave our kids a coloring book... but our girls would have loved to have purchased a t-shirt... none in kid size beyond like a size 4. Our daughter kept looking for a souvenir and pretty much everything she picked up was made in China and yet the movie tries to brag about "local, local, local for the company"... how about the visitor center has USA things. Would not go out of our way for this factory/company tour but we can cross it off our list for something we did, it was free and we did not buy any of the made in china items as we try to support our local country, lots of great things made here.

2  Thank PurpleMN
Reviewed March 31, 2013

When we were driving through all the orange groves in the area, we had a lot of questions. We stopped here to have them all answered. The short film was very informative. We enjoyed this place. There were different orange trees on the property to view and their growing season. We also enjoyed sampling the different flavored juices. We also picked up several boxes of juice nuggets.

3  Thank Lisa W