“Not their best day” 3 of 5 bubbles

Woody's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #22 of 78 Restaurants in Lake Wales
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Grill
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Smoked meats and grill items in a casual restaurant.
Grafton
“Not their best day”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

We have dined at and ordered take out from this store many times over the past 25 years. Our experience has always been excellent. Recently we were there on a Sunday evening. They had been really "slammed" with a heavy lunch crowd. Here's what we encountered. The chicken breast was quite dry. I had the pulled pork sandwich, which had a texture of ground pork. The beans were not very exciting. These are three staples for any BBQ joint. We will go back there based on our years of good experience....just this one not so good.
The service was very friendly, as always.

Visited July 2013

West Palm Beach, Florida
“Sorry other BBQ places are better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

I have eaten at Sonny's BBQ for several years but tried this Woody's location because I recently moved to Lake Wales. Last night was my second time trying an early bird special, the first time the I ordered the brisket and baked beans which was served cold and the garlic bread was just white bread with butter smeared in the middle with garlic sprinkled on. However I am a believer in giving second chances but after last night I will drive 15 miles to Sonny's in Bartow for good BBQ. The one problem I see is the food is prepared hours in advance and sits in buffet warmers where it is then put on the plate barely warm. Maybe this is the penalty of ordering off the early bird menu. However I would have ordered regular BBQ plates if the food was good but what they serve is not worth the price. There is a Fat Boy's BBQ down Hwy 27 that is closer to Lake Wales that also might be better. I will note customer service is good, but that does not really matter if food quality is not.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Winnipeg
“Always Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Been going to this Woody's for over 15 years. We drive almost an hour from Lake Placid, Florida to enjoy a meal here on our winter vacation. Can't beat the early bird specials. Will be going back there in February on our next vacation to Florida.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lake Wales, Florida
“Prime rib sandwich Fridays yeah”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great daily deals and fast friendly service. This is a regular stop for us, clean and good food. BBQ and more what could be better.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Candace P
Lake Wales, Florida
“I miss kC BBQ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Not bad food but not up to or even near the quality of what I have come to expect. I admit I am spoiled by having had BBQ from Kansas City. The chicken is a bargain at Woody's.

1 Thank chuckd1951