“Perfect for two”

St. Petersburg, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Perfect for two”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I got my husband sky diving for his 30th birthday and we went together today (June 23, 2014). Got a great deal through Groupon and Amazon Local. I was really nervous! But I'm so glad I went. Jump Florida is a tiny little place but that didn't bother me. I would say that for bigger groups, it might not be the fastest way to go because there is only room for the pilot plus four in the plane (that includes the instructors). I jumped with Pascal (not sure how to spell) who was cracking jokes at just the right moments and made me feel totally at ease. He's been doing this for 14 years! Hubby jumped with Dave. Both instructors were very professional and obviously knew what they were doing. They were very relaxed and made me feel relaxed as well. I get motion sickness so I took a Dramamine, but I should've taken it sooner because I waited until the instructors started putting us in the harness and we were in the plane in less than 15 minutes after that. Luckily, I didn't get any feelings of nausea until after we finished the drop, but if you're like me be sure to take your Dramamine at least 30 minutes prior to getting in the plane. It was nice and cozy in the tiny little Cessna, and something about that made it a little less nerve wracking. The jump was so thrilling, like nothing else I've ever experienced. The free fall was definitely the best part. Once the parachute was up, Pascal asked if I wanted to do spins, and in hindsight I probably should've said no! It was fun, but I think that's what later made me a little nauseated in the car on the drive home. The instructors definitely won't do anything you don't want them to do. He landed us perfectly, and it was such an amazing time. Hubby said it was the best present he'd ever gotten.
We did get rescheduled a couple times (once for bad weather and once for plane maintenance) but obviously they can't help the weather. And I'm glad to know they are taking care of their planes! Everyone there was very nice and helpful.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Bria B

Largo, Florida
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Amazing Experience”
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

This was an excellent experience. The staff was very fun, relaxing and make you feel very comfortable. Make sure to wear comfortable clothes and sneakers. You are able to purchase a DVD which includes video and pictures of your entire experience from boarding the plane to landing on the ground. They take you to about 6k feet up and the entire experience lasts about 15-20 minutes from time you climb into the plane to the time you are on the ground. I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking to do a tandem jump which is required for your first time.

Visited June 2014
Gulfport, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Disabled Veteran treated with respect!!!!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I jumped yesterday with Pascoal. I am a disabled veteran and was treated with respect. The entire staff were extremely polite and thanked me for my service to the country. I had a fantastic time and will definitely suggest all my veteran friends to jump with this company Thanks Pascoal.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank f250gulfportflorida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome experience”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Did my first skydive here. It was a lot of fun. The instructors make you feel very comfortable and at ease. The whole experience was exhilarating and a lot of fun!

I definitely recommend getting the video package after. It's well worth the $75 to have those moments captured so you can watch your reactions later on!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Mehogan2
St. Petersburg, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“This is how they treat a terminally ill patient! Don't jump with them!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My 28 yr old nephew who lives in Georgia was diagnosed with lymphoma, he received a stem cell transplant last year and the Dr was hopeful that he may get well. Unfortunately the cancer returned within 6 months and he has been diagnosed as terminal. he has been given between 6-18 months.
I asked what some of the things on his "Bucket List" Sky Diving was on the top. Today we took him to "Jump Florida" so that he could fulfill his sky diving dream. I will begin by telling you that we purchased 3 jumps @$115.00 each. We arrived at 11:30 for the scheduled 12:00 jump. We decided to purchase the $75.00 video of the event for all 3 jumpers and we purchased a $15.00 T-Shirt for Jarrod. After spending a total of $585.00 we we were set to proceed. Now we got to sit and wait and after what appeared to be over booking, the jump finally took place @ 2:30!

Two of the jumpers were taken up and as we watched from the ground we saw three parachutes. We thought there was a third jumper and wondered why our third person had to wait. We were quickly corrected by one if the workers who said, "oh no, that's not a third jumper, the chute didn't open, he cut it away" and showed us how one of the chutes was floating away from the two jumpers and landing behind a tree line. He explained that there is a "reserve" chute and it was pulled to open. When they landed, the instructor told us the same thing. His chute malfunctioned and had to be cut away. We were, as you can imagine thankful he was okay. When it came time to view the video, we were told that the incident had been cut from the video. We asked why and were told it was "bad for business" as we viewed the video we noticed it was shorter than the others because the time he was supposed to be "floating" back down to the ground didn't exist as he didn't have time (as the others did) to enjoy the floating since most of his jump was free falling trying to get free of the malfunctioning chute and into the reserve!

We approached the editing person and requested she leave the video in tact as that was his true experience. We were told that only the instructor could approve that. We approached him (Tim Jones?) and asked him and he advised that they would not do that as it was not something they wanted out to the public as it was "bad for business." We then asked if they could discount the video since he did not get the full experience as the others and were told "no" because he got more of an experience. (No, you had a chute malfunction and could have killed him) I explained, or tried to explain the situation to him and told him that he had terminal Lymphoma, to which he replied "I don't even know what that is" I told him it was cancer and what the prognosis was, at which time he replied "yea, well, I'm dying too" We attempted to speak with someone else, but no one seemed to be able to decide who was in charge. We asked for an apology for the instructors lack of empathy, nothing. We asked for a refund or discount on the video, nothing. Finally I was approached by an unknown man (had just arrived) I told him that we would certainly tell everyone we know about the experience and the complete and total lack of empathy for a terminally ill cancer patient. He asked what we wanted and we told him an apology was in order, he said he would have the instructor apologize but then did not do so. He then told me he would give me back the $75.00 if I returned the video. I declined his offer and advised him that there was "enough" on the video to show that something went wrong and that I would share that with as many people as possible!

I cannot express to you the depth of my frustration with this situation. I am in retail myself and know that this is NOT how to gain loyal repeat business customers! With all the bad press recently if the tragic sky diving accident that took two lives, you would think that "Jump Florida" would understand customer service and above all, empathy! They were much more concerned with us telling others and making for bad business than they were for the incident that could have taken a life!

Visited April 2013