“Disabled Veteran treated with respect!!!!”

Jump Florida Skydiving
Gulfport, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Disabled Veteran treated with respect!!!!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I jumped yesterday with Pascoal. I am a disabled veteran and was treated with respect. The entire staff were extremely polite and thanked me for my service to the country. I had a fantastic time and will definitely suggest all my veteran friends to jump with this company Thanks Pascoal.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank f250gulfportflorida

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome experience”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Did my first skydive here. It was a lot of fun. The instructors make you feel very comfortable and at ease. The whole experience was exhilarating and a lot of fun!

I definitely recommend getting the video package after. It's well worth the $75 to have those moments captured so you can watch your reactions later on!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Mehogan2
St. Petersburg, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“This is how they treat a terminally ill patient! Don't jump with them!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My 28 yr old nephew who lives in Georgia was diagnosed with lymphoma, he received a stem cell transplant last year and the Dr was hopeful that he may get well. Unfortunately the cancer returned within 6 months and he has been diagnosed as terminal. he has been given between 6-18 months.
I asked what some of the things on his "Bucket List" Sky Diving was on the top. Today we took him to "Jump Florida" so that he could fulfill his sky diving dream. I will begin by telling you that we purchased 3 jumps @$115.00 each. We arrived at 11:30 for the scheduled 12:00 jump. We decided to purchase the $75.00 video of the event for all 3 jumpers and we purchased a $15.00 T-Shirt for Jarrod. After spending a total of $585.00 we we were set to proceed. Now we got to sit and wait and after what appeared to be over booking, the jump finally took place @ 2:30!

Two of the jumpers were taken up and as we watched from the ground we saw three parachutes. We thought there was a third jumper and wondered why our third person had to wait. We were quickly corrected by one if the workers who said, "oh no, that's not a third jumper, the chute didn't open, he cut it away" and showed us how one of the chutes was floating away from the two jumpers and landing behind a tree line. He explained that there is a "reserve" chute and it was pulled to open. When they landed, the instructor told us the same thing. His chute malfunctioned and had to be cut away. We were, as you can imagine thankful he was okay. When it came time to view the video, we were told that the incident had been cut from the video. We asked why and were told it was "bad for business" as we viewed the video we noticed it was shorter than the others because the time he was supposed to be "floating" back down to the ground didn't exist as he didn't have time (as the others did) to enjoy the floating since most of his jump was free falling trying to get free of the malfunctioning chute and into the reserve!

We approached the editing person and requested she leave the video in tact as that was his true experience. We were told that only the instructor could approve that. We approached him (Tim Jones?) and asked him and he advised that they would not do that as it was not something they wanted out to the public as it was "bad for business." We then asked if they could discount the video since he did not get the full experience as the others and were told "no" because he got more of an experience. (No, you had a chute malfunction and could have killed him) I explained, or tried to explain the situation to him and told him that he had terminal Lymphoma, to which he replied "I don't even know what that is" I told him it was cancer and what the prognosis was, at which time he replied "yea, well, I'm dying too" We attempted to speak with someone else, but no one seemed to be able to decide who was in charge. We asked for an apology for the instructors lack of empathy, nothing. We asked for a refund or discount on the video, nothing. Finally I was approached by an unknown man (had just arrived) I told him that we would certainly tell everyone we know about the experience and the complete and total lack of empathy for a terminally ill cancer patient. He asked what we wanted and we told him an apology was in order, he said he would have the instructor apologize but then did not do so. He then told me he would give me back the $75.00 if I returned the video. I declined his offer and advised him that there was "enough" on the video to show that something went wrong and that I would share that with as many people as possible!

I cannot express to you the depth of my frustration with this situation. I am in retail myself and know that this is NOT how to gain loyal repeat business customers! With all the bad press recently if the tragic sky diving accident that took two lives, you would think that "Jump Florida" would understand customer service and above all, empathy! They were much more concerned with us telling others and making for bad business than they were for the incident that could have taken a life!

Visited April 2013
23 Thank Karen P
Brighton, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

What an experience, the plane ride to 11,000 feet is breathtaking then you ease out and free fall which is an unbelievable experience. When the parachute opens you gently float to ground with a few spins for fun. Don't be scared or nervous you will be fine and love it!

The setup wasn't what I expected but don't let the small airfield put you off they are very professional without boring you with endless health and safety.

The video is reasonably priced and very professional, well worth it.

I haven't got a bad word to say about these people, they are laid back friendly and put you at ease.

Thanks Dave and the team for a stunning experience.

Visited April 2013
Orlando, Florida, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Don't go with a large group”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I went up for another jump. It probably sounds like I'm an adrenaline junkie, but I beg to differ. They recently moved their location so I was glad I noticed that change because they moved quite a bit of a distance away from Lake Wales.

Anyhow this time, I went with a group of 9. I do not recommend going here if you're with a large group, it will take a long time before you get to jump. We checked in at 12:30, and my friend and I were the last to jump around 3:30-4pm.

As like last time, the instructors were very funny and friendly. I enjoyed my skydiving experience overall and the view. You could see Tampa from the sky! I did not enjoy the long wait time. If you decide to go with a large group, make sure you bring some snacks/food because there really isn't anything in the area that's close by.

Visited February 2013