“First Time Jump with Pat was Fantastic!”

Jump Florida Skydiving
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Made my first jump today at Jump Florida in Lake Wales - was on vacation in Lake Buena Vista/Kissimmee and found a LivingSocial deal so made the hour drive. I was paired with Pat Slater who was super nice & very experienced so I was really comfortable & wasn't nervous at all (being easy on the eyes was a bonus, ladies - the two instructors that were on my plane were both really nice & handsome!). The place is no-frills but who cares about that as long as it is safe, the people are friendly (they all were very nice) and know what they are doing (they did). Initially I wondered why there wasn't a class or something before the jump, but I soon realized there isn't really much you need to know except some basic body positions - they do most everything that needs to be done & you just need to follow a few basic instructions which they tell you in advance (these are fortunately easy enough a monkey could follow them, so even if you are nervous, it should not be an issue to remember what to do). The pilot was nice (and I get air sick in small planes but this trip was very smooth so that was no issue which was great!) and it was an overall great experience. The moment you leave the plane is the biggest rush ever & the freefall is fantastic! Glad I was paired with Pat but wish I had a stronger stomach so I could've experienced some of his aerobatics in the air during the descent but that was too much for me. (Next time I will take a dramamine in advance! lol) Enjoying the scenery after the free-fall was enough to make it well worth the drive to Lake Wales & I would most definitely go again! Highly recommend! Thanks, Pat & Jump Florida!

2  Thank Dana S
All reviews
"video package"
"awesome experience"
in 11 reviews
in 7 reviews
in 3 reviews

Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband and I recently jumped at Jump Florida and had such a wonderful time. This was my second jump, but my husband's first. I loved the atmosphere at Jump Florida, it is smaller than where I jumped before but I thought this was great because it allowed for us to have a more intimate experience with each other and our instructors.
Even before we went up, the staff was so nice and eager to share their expertise in answering any questions we had. We had set the jump up through Mallory on the phone and she was so helpful both then and when we actually got there. Not to mention she and the other packer did a great job packing our chutes!!!
The instructors were so great, they were always joking and laughing and seemed like they were having the time of their lives even if that was their 5th jump of the day. But on top of that they made us feel safe and comfortable. Even being my second jump I was still nervous and my husband was terrified, even though he would never admit it!
The plane is small so don't expect a lot of leg room, but the ride up was fun. The instructors showed us several different landmarks from above and where very thorough in strapping us up. The jump itself was just amazing, no words can describe it. It is just something you should really experience for yourself.
I bought my husband the video and we were so impressed by the quality of their videos, the video editor took the time to ask him what particular songs he wanted and she included the jump in both slow motion and real time, awesome!!
All in all this was such a great experience and I would go back to Jump Florida anytime!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I've wanted to skydive for decades, and I finally got the chance (and the courage to do it), prompted by a groupon discount. The experience was pure joy. The staff were friendly, as were people waiting to jump. Most were first-timers. As people returned to the ground while I waited my turn, the smiles were so big that I lost my fear and just felt excitement. Tim, my tandem expert had a great personality and made me feel at ease. The jump was exhilarating and so beautiful. If you've ever thought about a jump, I do recommend this team. You may have a wait, so if you get antsy waiting, bring a couple magazines or a book.

1  Thank Jody M
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I had the most wonderful experience with the team over at jump Florida Skydiving. My my partner Jim and I from Griffin Dwyer brought the entire company out for "the ultimate team building experience".

Although the nerves of some of our employees were a little shaky, the tandem masters made everyone comfortable explaining how all the equipment operates, and exactly what our role was going to be during the skydive.

Although it is difficult to explain the actual skydive, it was awesome being able to fly through the clouds.

As part of our team building exercise we had everybody have video of their skydive and the team is able to put it all together and make a corporate video that we will be using at our next office meeting. The video turned out awesome!

I highly recommend this location for a unique teambuilding exercise and an experience of lifetime!

2  Thank Sally G