“Poor service, not organized”

L'incontro Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
L'incontro Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 79 Restaurants in Lake Wales
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We opened Friday January 14, 2011. We are a Italian Restaurant serving fine Italian food, our staff is trained to serve ladies and gentleman at L'incontro. Guest love our food and our attentive service and the one thing they always say as they are leaving is "can't wait to come back".
“Poor service, not organized”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Poor service not very organized, we called ahead for reservations, when we arrived we had no reservations We had people in from out of town, embarrassing

4 Thank Woodruffian

Fredonia, New York
“A matter of taste”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

This restaurant is definitely a mixed bag. I thought the ambiance was charming tho small. the waitstaff was in uniform which made it feel more upscale. we went for dinner the 4 of us. first the bread came and half the basket was dry sliced bread. it came with a tomato salsa which was strong of seasoning - oregano maybe. noone cared for it nor the bread. we complained about the stale bread and the waiter looked surprised tho didn't do anything about it. The service was either very good or very poor. The prices were reasonable. Plenty of choices as well. I ordered gnocchi which didn't look or taste homemade tho they didn't say it was. I ordered the combo plate with gnocchi with a gorgonzola sauce and tortellini with tomato sauce. I asked the waiter to reverse the sauces and he thought the cook would get upset. really? i asked for alfredo but was told the gorgonzola was similar. i don't like gorgonzola but ate most of it anyway rather than complain. i didn't like the gnocchi and tomato sauce at all but that's just me. my husband and friend ordered the seafood with pasta and i must say, it was impressive. only problem, there was straw(?) in my husband's plate and he couldn't eat it after that. they took that as well as the calamari we ordered off the bill. i wish i could say we will return and give it another try but i really don't think we will unless it's to try it for lunch.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank mtab
Lakeland, Florida
“Food excellent, Service good, Greeting Terrible”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I made reservations for dinner a week ahead of time, they asked if it was a special occasion and I let them know it was our anniversay. The reservation went well. We arrived 10 minutes early,and since Ive never eaten here before I didnt know what to expect. The restraunt is a small one but that was overlooked by the very well prepared food. When we walked in the Host at the door greeted us and didnt even ask our name nor did we even have a reservation. When I mentioned that we did he asked our name and looked into his book and found they didnt have a table reserved for us at all. But promptly turned around and there we were, at a table right in front of the doorway entrance. I aked if there was another table and a special occasion, he gave the impression that this is it or nothing until a table is available. From there on I had to endure people bumping in us, loud language and a host asking people if They had a reservation. Other than the food being excellent, service good, The restraunt that used to be a small hair salon is Small, Noisy and not a place for a quiet Dinner. My wife who overlooks alot enjoyed this, but I wouldnt like to go back .

• Visited February 2013
4 Thank lotbb1
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Authentic and Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

In the midst of what appears to be "chain restaurant city" lies this gem of a restaurant. A small building that stands alone in a dark parking lot. We were hesitant to try this place on a Wednesday night when we arrived and were one of 3 cars in the parking lot at 7:30pm. Much to our surprise/delight the service was spot on and we were greeted with smiling faces and attentive staff. The food came out and it was delicious! both of our dishes were very generous portions that were full of flavor. Anyone in Lake Wales needs to try this spot, and it is event worth a trip if you are just out of town. Perfect.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank AP1108
Lakeland, Florida
“Will try it again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

The service was great...a bit slow for what central Florida is used to...but this is truly dining. It seems normal if you are from a place with lots of similar restaurants. We had the lunch special (9.99) on a Saturday while Christmas shopping. The salad, vegetables, soup and dessert were all fabulous. My friend's entree--fish--apparently was delish. My "pork chop" was dry and tough. I sure wished I'd ordered the fish or pasta entree. I'd give this a 4 or 5 if the entree had been even adequate. I'll probably try it again, but it won't be my first suggestion in Lake Wales.

• Visited December 2012