“Girl from New York with grandparents”

Alligator's Unlimited Airboat Nature Tours
Ranked #2 of 9 Tours in Lake Wales
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Located on the beautiful Kissimmee River in Lake Wales Fl. We take you on a airboat adventure thru the vast swamps and marshes of the Kissimmee River and Dead River. We go where only a 6 passanger airboat would dare go. Come visit and see for yourself the true Florida. Our USCG Licensed Master Captains are NATIVE FLORIDIANS, who were born and raised in the swamp! We know all the good spots to visit, to see all wildlife. The headwaters of the Everglades have to offer! Call for your reservation today.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
“Girl from New York with grandparents”
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

It's awesome. I've never been on airboat before, it was my first time and its something different to enjoy. I loved seeing the nature, the alligators, birds, and the other animals. It was also my first time seeing an alligator. I was about 8ft from a 11ft live alligator. I enjoyed the airboat ride itself along the wind blowing on a hot day. It was absolutely great. I would love to go again.

Howard City, Michigan
“More fun than the Theme Parks!! :)”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

After several trips to Florida and visiting all the theme parks over and over again we decided to look for something new to do with the family.
We were told about Mild to Wild Airboat Nature Tours by a friend who highly recommended them, made the call and booked our tour and couldn't be happier we did!
We had the best time, we seen several alligators big and small, tons of beautiful birds and even snakes! :/
Our tour captain "Johnathan" was a blast and made the trip as exciting as it was fun!
I would highly recommend this tour to anyone...you will not be disappointed!!

Bracknell, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Take an airboat ride through the Florida everglades with someone who knows”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

There were 7 of us, ranging in age from my 15 year old grandson to my 90 year old father. We were recommended this particular company by a nature tour guide who said the trip to the "outback" of Florida would be worth it. She was certainly right. Captain John, who had lived in the Lake Wales region all his life knew the rivers, swamps and waterways like the back of his hand and managed to see all sorts of wildlife, including alligators, way before we did - if at all! No questions were deemed too silly for him to answer and I can thoroughly recommend this, as opposed to some of the more well known companies that I'd tried before where I'd been bitterly disappointed. I can speak for all 7 of us in saying it was a great experience!

South Paris, Maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“It was one of the best things I've ever done in Florida.”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Never done this before, so it was very interesting and I had a blast! I loved all seeing all the alligators and birds, and I even saw a few turtles! Captain John was a very good "tour guide," he was very knowledgable about everything and he was also fun. I would definitely come back here, if I'm ever in the area again.

Widnes, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Review of: 'Mild to Wild Air boat Tours'”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Our journey on this air boat ride was fantastic!

My family, friends and I, on the 9th of April 2014, made our way from the Florida Mall to Lake Wales.

We drove for approximately one hour in two large cars towards Lake Wales. As we came closer to our destination we realised (as my family had been here before) that it was further away than our Tom Tom said. So then, about one minute away-according to our Tom Tom- we turned our phone on. However, when we looked on our phone it said we were there! This was not much help. So then we looked on our phone at the street and house number. We then imputed this into our Tom Tom.

Later, after about half an hour of driving through the beautiful country side - decorated with beautiful oranges- we arrived at our destination. It was a nice, petite fishing village, full of friendly people, wooden houses, fishing rods and boats. So we parked up near the toilets and all eight of us got out: two children aged eleven, an eight year old, a seven year old and four adults. We then made our way to the reception to be greeted by the friendly “Captain Carl.”

Captain Carl (very welcoming) gave us our clean life jackets, explained all the safety rules and showed us where the toilet facility was. After we used the pristine toilets we made our way over to the reception, where we were handed our padded life jackets. Soon after we were shown to the wooden jetty and there was our boat waiting our arrival. As children do all four of them ran straight to the front seats of the airboat and waited, readily to leave. Then all of the adults made them selves comfortable on the remaining seats; the two photographers getting good seats. Captain Carl then took a beautiful picture of us all on board. We were then all handed ear muffs in case the fan was loud.

The journey was about to begin!

Captain John (our skipper) then un-clipped the two clips that attached us to the jetty. The boat then made a slow but steady start round the corner away from the little villagers 'town'. As we drove through a medium sized passage way, surrounded with blossoming trees, we started to gain speed. We then came to a dead end and turned right. That was when the true journey began. The speed was unbelievable. We then placed our earmuffs on as the noise was immensely unbearable. Then we could relax and enjoy the journey with the wind in our hair- as well as some bugs!

The journey continued as we completed sharp turns at top speeds. We then slowed down as we passed underneath a bridge. We then saw bald eagles, a variety of small birds and a lot of larger birds - barely missing our heads. It was an amazing feeling, being that close to nature!

We then saw a variety of other smaller creatures before passing into the swamp land. After a sharp turn, we slowed down and landed on a small hill. He then explained that we would be heading in to more swamps in search for alligators. So off we went into the swamps. After about five minutes we saw a few baby alligators. We then saw a four year old Alligator and stopped the boat to peer over at it. We then continued for about ten minutes through more swamps before seeing an enormous alligator. Afterwards we spotted more birds-some I had never seen before- and a turtle. We then drove through more swamps into the open water and spotted a house on an island - along with some funny looking trees. We then sped up again, crossed underneath the bridge and returned through the narrow river to the wooden jetty.

Captain John then clipped the boat back in and we were greeted by Captain Carl. We all then disembarked the Air boat and made our way to the main reception. We then, after handing the ear muffs back, un-clipped our life jackets and handed them back. Captain Carl then handed us printed copies of the picture he originally took. He then checked if our ride was enjoyable -which of course it was- handed our bags back and we made the journey home.

The journey back to our villa was straight forward and we arrived safe and sound after the most amazing journey through the swamps and a highlight of our holiday.

To conclude this piece of writing:

It was an extremely enjoyable experience with very welcoming people and a superb place with fantastic wildlife. I would recommend it highly to anyone.

Please note this was written by two children aged eleven who were on the boat, Sam Clayton and Ella Murphy, not Paul Clayton who is Sam's dad.

Thank you to Captain Carl and Captain John for this amazing experience and to you for reading this.