“Alittle bit of everything”

Cherry Pocket Steak & Seafood Shak
Ranked #8 of 79 Restaurants in Lake Wales
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Avon Park, Florida
“Alittle bit of everything”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

You can eat inside or out on the deck looking out to the lake. You get plenty of food! Friendly atmosphere, laid back and if you just want to wear shorts, T shirt and sandles....you're at the right place. Have eatin here several times over the years and it is always a fun time! Have always tried a different meal each time I go and have never been dis appointed. I'm not saying the everything is perfect, but I have yet to have a bad meal.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank SlyPix

Orlando, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,908 helpful votes
“Whoa! Truly unique.”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

If you expect a maître de restaurant to orchestrate a dining experience complete with a wine steward to serve Far Nienté Cabernet Sauvignon temperature adjusted to 56.2º, and a Viennese Dessert Table, reconsider rustic Cherry Pocket (863/439-2031 CherryPocket.com). Tucked in amongst tiny cabins from the ‘40s at the edge of Lake Pierce, this steak and seafood “shak” is a gut-busting experience. Seafood dominates the menu: crab cakes, shrimp, scallops, and last night I had the Key West blackened grouper smothered in a cream sauce fraught with scallops and shredded veggies. Well drinks are “twofers” and oversized. Only don’t drink too much, as restrooms are more rustic than the restaurant.

Comical T-shirts are also available. An elderly guest donned Cherry Pocket’s 'Eat Me' shirt over her blouse. Servers wear more suggestive shirts. Though 'Eat me raw' is what friends did to the subject oysters, I declined. “It’s not eating oyster intestines that bothers me,” I explained after they finished. “It’s what hasn’t left the guts that cause concern.” ☺

• Visited October 2012
7 Thank DeanMurphy2020
Smoky Mountain, Tennessee
“Excellent Food! Best of the whole trip!”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Don't let the outside or the inside of this place scare you away...this was the best food we had in our whole 10 day vacation! We really enjoyed it and very large portions. I had the crab cake sandwich and it was the best I've ever had! Everything we tried was delicious. Staff was very friendly. A must try place!

Visited September 2012
Frostproof, Florida
“The Best Food and Atmosphere Around”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

On your way out to Cherry Pocket, you'll think you must be lost as you ramble through orange groves and pasture land. And then you see the sign to turn into a gravel road. Arriving you look at the old fish camp buildings and think you might still be at the wrong place. But once inside or even better, on their back porch, the fun begins. On the weekends, outside on the porch they usually have entertainment. The food is gourmet and nothing you would expect from an old fishcamp atmosphere. And delicious is the only way to describe it. Everything from fried gator tail to great seafood or steaks is being served all around you. And if you are lucky enough, while eating on their back porch, you may even be able to spot a real alligator swimming in the lake. The food is superb, the prices are reasonable, and we love going back over and over again. We have never been disappointed...

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank judyg0313
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I go here about every month, and love taking friends here.”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The atmosphere is just out of this world. If you look around there is a set of my vehicle plates on the wall. It is a set of plates from OHIO. My plates have a deffinate message on them. The first characters say "C MY" if you find them you can finish my message. Have fun hunting. OH and I have NEVER been disappointed in any of my meals. The Gator is great also. "6 Shrimp& 6 ounces of fried Gator" now there is a meal..

Visited April 2012