“Great peaceful afternoon”
Review of Bok Tower Gardens

Bok Tower Gardens
Ranked #1 of 34 things to do in Lake Wales
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore the landscaped gardens of Frederick Law Olmsted Jr. and one of Florida’s natural habitats on the Pine Ridge Trail. You can also discover the history of Edward W. Bok and the building of his 205 foot Singing Tower and tour the historic Pinewood Estate mansion to catch a glimpse of the luxurious lifestyle of the 1930s. Enjoy the all new Children's Garden, Edible Garden and Outdoor Kitchen and Wild Garden. Visitor Center includes exhibits on the life of Edward Bok and the Carillon. Enjoy a healthy meal at the Blue Palmetto Cafe and take home a memento from the Tower shop.
Florida
“Great peaceful afternoon”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The gardens were beautiful and we don't remember the gigantic water lillies we saw this visit. It rained in the late afternoon, but it was refreshing!

Vero Beach, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Wonderful day trip”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We love this place. It's way out of the way but worth the trip if you're just looking to relax and walk through the gardens. Very peaceful and relaxing.

Visited April 2013
Arcadia, Florida
“So beautiful”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My daughter surprised me for my birthday. What a treat. The Tower and grounds were so beautiful. Also a must see is the Buck House on the estate. Wonderful Birthday surprise.

St. Petersburg, Florida
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Breathtaking Views”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

After 20 years living in Florida, I finally took a day to visit Bok Tower Gardens and I'm still kicking myself for waiting so long. I never knew such a beautiful and tranquil place existed so close to me. I'm in awe at how Edward Bok even came up with this idea, but I'm happy he did. Spent about 4 hours wandering the grounds and trails taking in the beautity and serenity. The sound of the carillon bells from the tower was magnificient. For the price, you cannot beat this attraction for a great day with family or friends. While there we visited the Blue Palmetto Cafe. I was amazed by the excellence of the food served. Homemade chicken salad on fresh marble rye was better than most restaurants serve. I HIGHLY recommend you have lunch while you visit. The staff and volunteers throughout the attraction were friendly and accommodating. Pinewood Estates was grand in the middle of the orange grove. Cannot wait to return, hopefully during the holidays to see what festive decorations they have. You can find good deals thru Groupon and other discount sites or use your AAA Membership for a discount.

lancashire
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Fabulous!!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Went to Bok Tower Gardens on Sat 14th Sept and are we glad we did. What an amazing place! So quite and peaceful, beautiful gardens and the tower is just amazing. All the staff were so friendly and helpfull especially Kathi on the tour of the Pinewood Estate (additional fee of $6 to tour the Pinewood Estate but its well worth it). We could have walked around for hours just taking in the views, flowers and listening to the music from 'The Singing Tower'. I would definately recommend you give it a try it is such a nice change from the theme parks and gives you a chance to see some of the real Florida. We will be returning here on our next trip. Go on give it a try you dont know what you are missing!
Ps take care with driving directions as google maps takes you to a hidden driveway this is not the entrance you need to take left turn onto Burns Rd and then it is sign posted from there.

1 Thank LancashireFatcat