“Fabulous!!”
Review of Bok Tower Gardens

Bok Tower Gardens
Ranked #1 of 34 things to do in Lake Wales
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore the landscaped gardens of Frederick Law Olmsted Jr. and one of Florida’s natural habitats on the Pine Ridge Trail. You can also discover the history of Edward W. Bok and the building of his 205 foot Singing Tower and tour the historic Pinewood Estate mansion to catch a glimpse of the luxurious lifestyle of the 1930s. Enjoy the all new Children's Garden, Edible Garden and Outdoor Kitchen and Wild Garden. Visitor Center includes exhibits on the life of Edward Bok and the Carillon. Enjoy a healthy meal at the Blue Palmetto Cafe and take home a memento from the Tower shop.
lancashire
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Fabulous!!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Went to Bok Tower Gardens on Sat 14th Sept and are we glad we did. What an amazing place! So quite and peaceful, beautiful gardens and the tower is just amazing. All the staff were so friendly and helpfull especially Kathi on the tour of the Pinewood Estate (additional fee of $6 to tour the Pinewood Estate but its well worth it). We could have walked around for hours just taking in the views, flowers and listening to the music from 'The Singing Tower'. I would definately recommend you give it a try it is such a nice change from the theme parks and gives you a chance to see some of the real Florida. We will be returning here on our next trip. Go on give it a try you dont know what you are missing!
Ps take care with driving directions as google maps takes you to a hidden driveway this is not the entrance you need to take left turn onto Burns Rd and then it is sign posted from there.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank LancashireFatcat

Vero Beach
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“One of My Favorite Places in Florida”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I remember my first visit to Bok when I was a girl scout in the 80's. I was captivated by the swans and obviously the magnificent tower. As a native Floridian I have been all over this state, but I still find Bok to be my favorite respite. I visit the gardens at least once a year.

If your visit is during the holiday season, by all means take a tour of the home and grounds. Stunning!

The café is great! Food is good and beer is cold.

If you are walking the gardens....take the map!

My last visit was in December 2012; a surprise holiday present to Mom; she is 71. The trolley system is quick and easy, allowing for easy access to all.

The have a kenneling area for dogs during your visit. Nothing fancy, but a definite plus in my book!

A definite Gem!

Visited December 2012
Lakeland, Florida
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Make the world a better place”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This place is the bet place to go to enjoy nature. At its best! It is considered the highest point in Polk county! Beautiful Z& breathtaking,the grounds the foliage & the Carrollon tower are wonderful..So quiet & peaceful! Birds, squirrels & other animals can be seen! Guided tours are available, the pinewood house s amazing, especially at Christmas time! Also a great cafe serving sandwiches, phoenominal salads,wine Ice cream, brownies. Available, nominally priced. Indoor & outdoor seating available.

Visited July 2013
Fort Myers, Florida
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Beautiful place, very relaxing”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

My first visit to Bok Tower was over 50 years ago and I remember it being a wonderful experience. It hasn't changed and is even better with age. The gardens are beautiful and huge. You can spend the entire day there without seeing it all. Love the music that played from the tower. It really added to the ambiance of the gardens. There is a visitors center with lots of information about the creation of the tower and history of the gardens. Very interesting and a must see. I'll make it a point to go back the next time I'm in the Lake Wales area of Florida.

Visited August 2013
Melbourne, Florida, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Relaxing”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Such a nice place to go to relax and take a stroll. We had been there a few years ago. Now they have added the new Visitors center and café. I will go again.

Visited September 2013