“Alligator Cove Airboat tour.”

Alligator Cove Airboat Nature Tours
Ranked #1 of 9 Tours in Lake Wales
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Visit the Headwaters to the Everglades, with 6 passenger airboat into marshlands and waters of the Famous Kissimmee Basin. View alligators big and small, birds in abundance and all the wildlife that lives here. Stories told, history, time for photos and laughter too. Be taken back in time to Florida's natural state, with NO HOMES TO VIEW on this trip, just nature as it should be, up close and personal.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Portage, Maine
“Alligator Cove Airboat tour.”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Thank you Dee and Captian Darald for the awesome experience! My son, his girlfriend, my sister-in-law and her two teenagers had a wonderful time yesterday morning!!! It was very informative, fun, we saw LOTS of gators--huge & small, several different spices of birds and I even saw an otter! Darald was funny and full of information about Florida. We can't wait to go again! Hugs to you both from the gang from Maine & New York. ;-)

Visited April 2013
allig8or, Owner at Alligator Cove Airboat Nature Tours, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thanks Kathy we had a good time also with you folks. It was so cool almost all the customers that day were from the same area, I sure hope someone turned the lights out before you all left. We hope to see everyone again one day in the future, stop by and visit anytime. Big Hugs Captain Dee and of course The Captain Darald.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Fun and very Family Friendly!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We had an awesome time at Alligator Cove today. We are a family of 5 with kids (14, 12,10). Everyone loved seeing the incredible wildlife and landscape.We saw some huge alligators and even saw some baby alligators! We are staying in Orlando and passed through the orange groves on our way...beautiful. Thank you to Captain Darald. We would highly recommend.

Visited April 2013
Thank-you for coming to our little corner of the world. We like having you folks as guests. I hope the youngsters took some of the info back to school, what a great way to learn about Florida's great history and see all the critters that live here. Stop back again someday and say Hi. Captain Dee and Captain Darald
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful family adventure!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We had a beautiful ride with Captain Darald. He was fun and full of great information. Being a native Floridian, I like for my kids to experience the real Florida when we visit and this tour was perfect for that. Planning activities for teenagers can be tough, but my kids (16, 14 & 13) thoroughly enjoyed themselves and continue to talk about the wildlife we saw. If you are in the Central Florida area, don't miss this experience with Captain Darald!

Visited March 2013
Thank-you for taking a trip into our corner of the world. This is such a unique location to be able to share it with your family is our pleasure. Hope you all yet a chance to stop again one day and take lesson #2. Hugs Captain Dee oh and Captain Darald too. :)
Winter Haven, Florida
“tour”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

my grandson and i had a great time the tour was very well explained we were shown a lot of the
areas where the birds and alligators habit in i highly recommend this trip to get a grasp for where
these animals live

Visited March 2013
Thanks for sharing your grandson with us we enjoyed his company. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment we appreciate each and every one. Captain Darald and Captain Dee
“A great tour given by great people!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This was my first trip to Alligator Cove, but my family had gone several times before. I was pleasantly surprised. I've been on airboat tours before, but those seemed to focus on "how fast can we go" not "what kind of wildlife is there or what kind of history is here?" The people were so welcoming and friendly, it was a treat to be in their company for the afternoon. I am a birder and a photographer so I was thrilled with seeing the Snail Kite and the Caracara. A few Bald Eagles helped, too. I would most definitely reccomend Alligator Cove to anyone wanting to experience Florida's nature. Well done!

allig8or, Owner at Alligator Cove Airboat Nature Tours, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank-you for the great comment we we so happy you can and enjoyed this great location and all the critters that live in the Kissimmee Basin. We hope you get back this way one day in the future to see and learn a little more about this area. BIG hug Captain Dee and Captain Darald too :)