“Very fresh and delicious”

Crazy Fish Bar & Grill
Ranked #1 of 79 Restaurants in Lake Wales
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
orlando
“Very fresh and delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I took a ride to Lake Wales and were very hungry when we got there. We looked around the town but couldn't find any restaurants that enticed us so we looked on trip advisor. We found this one and were glad we did! It has a welcoming atmosphere. Our waitress was very friendly. You could tell she loved working there. She recommended the sweet potato fries and she was right. They were delicious. They came with a sweet dipping sauce that was amazing! I chose the shrimp basket and my husband got the mahi sandwich. Both tasted fresh and delicious. I loved the light batter on the shrimp. I highly recommend this place.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank roseofsharongardener

Damascus, Virginia
“Great seafood.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stopped in here while on a trip. I had the seared tuna.....very well done. My friends had the fried soft shell crabs and enjoyed them. Salads were just okay. Waitress was very friendly. Overall, a very good place to get seafood.

• Visited March 2013
Babson Park, Florida, United States
“Took friends from Colorado for fresh fish!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We have been to this restaurant many times over the last 10 years and have always had a nice experience. But this past February we took friends who travel world wide often (from Colorado Springs, CO) and they had the Pompano fresh fish meal. He said it was the best fish he had ever had in the US! I particularly like the wine, they fill the glasses up to the rim and the chardanny is ice cold and the glasses were even near frozen, so the house wine tasted like a very expensive hand-crafted Chardannay. When we came in the wait was projected to be 45 minutes, however upon entering the bar area, the bar keep said we could sit at a table in the bar and get served immediately. And he was our waiter and impressed us in the best service I have seen in some time! That area is a bit drafty and noisy, but with the great service and food, no problem. There is outdoor seating as an option, but at the time it was full too and cold! Buzz and Carolyn

Sebring, Florida
“Noisy, but nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

The food, particularly the fish, is exceptional and all freshly prepared. We have always found the service to be adequate, even when the restaurant is packed, which is often. Prospective patrons would be surprised by the extensive menu and food quality, given the simple exterior of the place. The accoustics are poor, so the noise level is high, which makes conversation challenging. If I were to make one criticism and offer a suggestion to management, it would be to cut off problem drinkers sooner than they do. It seems that every time we have eaten there, we are seated next to a table of drunks, all of whom have been over-served. For the dining enjoyment of their customers, not to mention the liability issue, employees should quit serving folks who have obviously over-imbibed. But, again, the food is great.

1 Thank Motherroad
Haines City, Florida
“Fried Spinach...Really???”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

It was a night of new flavors for me. Started with the fried spinach. It's slightly crunchy, then melts in your mouth. Great flavor with just a touch of salt. Don't add more salt, it's perfect as it is. I moved on to pompano. I could swear this fish was swimming just this morning. It's a medium-bodied white fish that has a "buttery" flavor. I will look for this again. Wifey had the ahi tuna which was seared perfectly and was sushi grade. The wasabi was lively, but not overpowering. Oh, yeah, the sweet potato frys were very tasty, and the onion rings were real onions, not the frozen crap you get elsewhere. Our server, Michele, was friendly and even took a bit of time for conversation, even though the place was packed. Yes, packed on a Wednesday night! The clientele is a bit older, but the place was far from quiet, with everyone having a great time. Even the owner, Jim, came by to chat. All in all, a very good, fun place to dine.

2 Thank John H