“Great Place for us”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Lake Placid
South Glens Falls, New York
“Great Place for us”
Reviewed March 6, 2011

Just arrived home following our trip to Florida. We based out of the Ramada Inn in Lake Placid. Fl. Nice place to stay. Beautiful, comfortable facility. Great staff, Very clean. Great Pool pool area. Breakfast room clean and up to date.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Turkish first
Bargersville, Indiana
Reviewed February 24, 2011

This recently updated hotel was more than we expected for the price. The beds were clean and comfortable, the bathroom was the largest and best appointed I've stayed in. The High Def TV was a plus, but I would have liked to see a larger variety of channels.
The Housekeeper went out of her way to make our stay pleasant by leaving plenty of coffee in our room each day, as well as new bars of soap and plenty of towels. The Manager gave us her number to call if we needed anything. Never had that happen before. The free WiFi worked like a charm, too.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Angelhammomd, General Manager at Ramada Lake Placid, responded to this review, March 2, 2011
I would like to thank you for all the kind words, we enjoy what we do and I hope it shows. When your in town stop in and see us again!

Angel 0 : )
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed February 11, 2011

Wilma (night front desk), was so sweet and pleasant and patient most of all. Angel the GM was extremely courteous, hospitable and very helpful. Cant beat the price with the continental breakfast. Rooms were clean and presentation was impeccable.Would most definitely recommend and next time in town thats where i am staying.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Coco369
This property is our baby, we all invest our time and energy to make it what it is. We are still grown and improving everyday. I would like to thank you on behalf of Team Ramada Lake Placid.

Angel 0 : )
Dunnellon, Fla
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Although the hotel was nice and the beds comfy, we were DOUBLE charged by the hotel. I found the mistake within the week and talked to someone who assured me the person checking us out had made a mistake and the credit would be put through. It's been over a month and the double charge "error" has not been corrected.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank seasonedtraveler51

Travelers are raving about these Lake Placid hotels

Cleveland, Georgia
Reviewed February 16, 2010

This is a refurbished Ramada Inn.
They have completely gutted the hotel and rebuilt the rooms.
The new rooms are FANTASTIC. The bedding, and bathroom is more in mind of a "Hampton Inn" stay. Very plush. Flat screen TV, all the amenities you need. This is a Hotel with two floors, exterior rooms and no elevator. You may pay less for upstairs rooms, check those rates. I would stay here again, but I will have the quoted rate in writing. The main upset for me was that I originally booked at $59.95.. then was told 69.00 (2 days prior to check in), then upon check in the rate was $75.00. I talked with the hotel Mgr and he told me the $59.95 rate was because of 3 rooms (not a point made when booking), and when I cancelled one room the rate went to $69, but upon check in, they had to change to $75 because the $69 was for a single occupancy ... absurd! It was known that there would be 2 adults in the room from first reservation (which I held on credit card). So, I say stay there, it is a great hotel for the area, really ... but get the quoted rate in writing, or email or something. You are not dealing with a hotel chain, and they can say what they want.
There is a Holiday Inn in Lake Placid, if you prefer a chain.
This is not our first time here, we will stay here again if in the area, It is a VERY nice room.. Be advised, I would have made the reservations even if I had been quoted $75 initially ..
I was disappointed with the "new" Manager and the way he chose to handle the rate changes, kinda felt like bait and switch

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank CeMa-1986
Toronto
Reviewed January 21, 2010

Dirty rooms, poor service. Do not stay here if you can help it at all.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
#1 of 11 in Sebring
Quality Inn & Suites Sebring
Holiday Inn Express Sebring
Chateau Elan Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Ramada Lake Placid? Share your experiences!