“Nice Hotel Room for the Right Price”
Review of Ramada Lake Placid

Ramada Lake Placid
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Lake Placid
“Nice Hotel Room for the Right Price”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We spent three nights at the hotel and we enjoyed our stay. The beds are very comfortable. The bathroom is very spacious and it was cleaner than a lot of hotels I've stayed at before. Yes I did find a dead cockroach but it was dead and the hotel is in the country so it is only normal that an occasional bug might sneak in. At least, you know the place is fumigated because it was dead. It was very convenient to have a microwave and mini fridge. What I liked the most was the quietness. We had a very restful night. The pool is very nice and our daughter enjoyed it.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Turkish first
East Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Wonderful room clean new and front desk was very helpful

• Stayed July 2012
Richmond
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I'm baffled by the five star reviews.

First thing that greeted me upon entering my room was two dead roaches in the bathtub; there was another dead one under the towel. The room had an overpowering smell of cigarette smoke and there was a large unknown sticky stain on the back of the door and across the wall. There's also two large red spiders mating in the left corner of my room.

The woman working the front desk was useless; every question I asked was answered with ‘I don’t know’. She didn’t know what the channels were; she didn’t know why the television wasn’t picking up the channels they claimed to have or why the cable wire was out of the wall and I had to keep attempting to screw it back in. She seemed pretty indifferent; wouldn’t move me, didn’t say sorry, just sighed into the phone and repeated ‘I don’t know’ a few more times.

Internet was slow but functioning. Air conditioning mostly worked but it will hardly freeze you out of the room.

As a side note, my coworker stayed in the room on the other side of the building. He told me he had a couple of roaches in the bed when he woke up.

I personally can’t recommend this place, but options in the area are extremely limited and the price was reasonable. If you have the option though I would try to find somewhere else. Since the cable just fell out of the wall again, I guess I’ll turn the television off and go back to watching the two spiders in the corner. I’ll definitely be sleeping with the lights on tonight.

Room Tip: My tip would be to stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Nikki C
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

Made last-minute reservation with ease, not many hotels within the vicinity, interior of rooms is much nicer than they appear from exterior, front desk is fairly accommodation but doesn't offer southern hospitality like other Florida hotels.

• Stayed May 2012
Sebring, Florida
Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

Friendly and helpful employees. Great pool. Nice updated rooms. Good price.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank genierose4748
FLORIDA
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I had read the reviews & chose to stay here, instead of Sebring because of the reviews. It is not a 5 star motel. The free wireless internet did not work, (error message was there was a problem with thier router. Also tried the wireless from my phone, to verify it was not our laptop. Neither work at the hotel, but worked at other locations with wireless. Took until day 2 that someone acknowledged they were having a issue, But they did not know how to fix it.

The room was clean except for mold in the the coffee maker water reservoir. The door was missing from the cabinet, that held the fridge. There was not a bed skirt on the bed & there was either carpet glue or paint on the door frame of the bathroom.

The landscaping has been overgrown with weeds & the edging was out of the ground and a tripping hazard. The TV in the breakfast room did not work & was told they had gotten a new on & it was being installed. What was remolded is being let go

Also the information on there website about the pet fee is incorrect. It states $10.00 per pet per stay, but they charge $10.00 per pet per day.

I emailed the motel prior to posting this review, but have not heard anything from them. I guess mold and missing doors & no internet is acceptable. Also there is a lot of road noise, if you are a light sleeper this is not for you

Stay in Sebring more choices & much many better maintained hotels & motels

Room Tip: Stay in Sebring more choices better value
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank FLORIDASIB
Miami, Florida
Reviewed April 21, 2012

here are my comments:
we arrived on Wednesday 4/18/2012, just to find out next morning that there was no
1. ""internet available because they were having a problem from 5 or 6 days ago!
2. sink was stuck and the faucet you didnt know if u were turning to hot or cold water.
3. one of my towels had a big hole in it
4. you call the front office and ""NOBODY"" knows anything and are ""unable to help you""
5. TV had no guide...you didnt know what you were watching.....no instructions either..
6. and to top it off. while watching TV the biggest roach ever crawling on the wall...I k! we called the front desk and they offered to ""spray""..I almost had a heart attack
7. next night we came back fom shopping and another big roach in the BATHTUB! this one was dead.
8. next morning......little tiny roaches we re dancing inside the bathtub.....

I couldnt wait to get out of that place..I left my comments at the front office but to tell you the truth i do not know if it will ever reach the right person

Oh by the way..we as a hobby rate restaurants and hotels online..so you can imagine our ratings for this one!

Room Tip: dont rent in this place! roaches will eat you!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sebring
Holiday Inn Express Sebring
Quality Inn & Suites Sebring
Chateau Elan Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Ramada Lake Placid? Share your experiences!