“A gem of a Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Placid
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Lake Placid
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I don't usually stay in Holiday Inns and I have had some bad experiences. This hotel surprised me. in a *good* way. The hotel is super clean, staff are great. The rooms are a a nice size and I had a microwave, fridge and coffee machine. The beds were great with pillow choices from soft to firm. This property was better than a Marriott or Hilton. The breakfast offers alot and the coffee is good. I just wish that I could stay in a property wherever I stay. In the area...stay here.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank CeliacTraveler

Reviewed April 1, 2012

... we were on a road trip meander from east to west coast of Florida. Getting dark and pulled in. They had two statues on the front desk (awards for cleanliness) deservingly so. All in all my vote for the best lodging you can find if you somehow discovery yourself in Lake Placid Fla. Girl at the front desk recommended Jaxsons Bar and Grill a mile or so up the road. Quintessential back road Florida funk doing food the way you'd expect with a lively crowd. The only thing they were missing was somebody wrestling a gator on the floor Check it out.

Room Tip: Not much of a view wherever you are
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2012

You can expect a good stay at this HI property. Reasonably updated and well-maintained. Good breakfast. Good staff.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2012

This is a new hotel with nice clean rooms, friendly service and very good value. The breakfast is good too. Lots to choose from. Phyllis in the breakfast area is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. The most kindest lady you'll ever meet.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Check in time was 3:00, but rooms were not ready. They should say check in time is 5:00! Rooms should of been ready. Nice clean rooms. With a family of 6, free breakfast is always nice.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 22, 2011

No complaints w/room. New, very clean, very happy w/it. The price was reasonable...not good, just fair. The HI express in Sebring was actually $20 per night cheaper. 2 complaints, "people" - service related. Breakfast was from 7:30-10:30. We were down there by 9:30, had coffee, breakfast (minimal hot items). At 10:10 I got up for a cinnamon roll, which the server was already putting away. My husband asked to make a pancake, she said the batter was out and she would have to open a new one, if he really wanted it. Of course, he said forget it. The server told me"you understand I've been up since 3:30am.". Yes I understand, I work shift work, midnights to be exact....so yea, I understand. If you serve until 10:30, then every single item should be out until .... 10:30. If you start putting things up at 10am, then shut it down at 10am! 2nd complaint- we left for the day at 12:30pm, put the sign out to make up the room. Came back at 10:00pm, no one ever made up the room. No towels, nada. The girl at the front desk was very apologetic & helpful. I was just disappointed w/the other staff members. There are a couple of cute little lakeside hotels w/wonderful views and better prices. Both on Lake June, we just thought we would give this one a try.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Hubby and I stayed here for two night (December 2-3) while visiting family in Lake Placid, Fl. We did not have a reservation but rooms were available. Check in went fast and the woman behind the desk was very pleasant and professional. The bathroom was very clean and the room was very nice. I utilized the free WI-Fi that was available to guests. There was a microwave, small refrigerator and sink for our use in our room - all very clean. Other posts indicated that neighbors could be heard through the walls but we did not find that to be a problem in our room - although I am not sure how full the hotel was at the time of our visit. A free breakfast was provided each day and we enjoyed it - especially the hot cinnamon buns! Hubby took a free newspaper to read w/his breakfast. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean, friendly place to rest.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Residence Inn Sebring
Residence Inn Sebring
#3 of 11 in Sebring
Chateau Elan Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Placid? Share your experiences!