“And here's to you Mrs. Robinson”
Review of Dock 633

Dock 633
Ranked #5 of 49 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Lake Placid
“And here's to you Mrs. Robinson”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The first couple times we ate here I had the Italian beef and it was OUTSTANDING, I don't know if the chef quit or what but the quality of the food has steadily gone down. The pretty waitresses I guess is what brings in a crowd. We tried it recently and it improved slightly with a fish special.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Depbutch

Lake Placid, Florida
“Clearing up some issues from other reviews”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Maybe I can clear up some things regarding reviews written about Dock 633, as I am a frequent customer and have gotten to know the owner, who has brought this place a long way. Yes, there was a seafood restaurant at this location for many years that closed due to the economy, which was sad. One thing you need to understand about the new establishment is that it is not a restaurant, it is a bar that serves food. Knowing this when you visit should change your expecations. It should explain the fact that there is no hostess to seat you, although normally the bartender is on the ball and explains to people as they enter to sit anywhere. The staff is usually hussling, depending on the crowd, which can change from day to day. So now think of a typical bar scene, which is usually more laid back and relaxed than a 'restaurant.' Plus the limited menu should also now be understandable - bar food. I am familiar with the menu and know what I like, so if I'm eating here, I am usually happy with my food. If I'm not, I let someone know and they accommodate me. The bartenders are great. One even replaced my expensive single-malt scotch once when I spilled the entire thing before I could have one drop (I swear I was sober). I have enjoyed the live music but tend toward the quieter, more intimate duo music like 'M Squared' on Sunday afternoons, especially the troprock sound when the local parrothead club, 'Ol' South Parrothead Club' uses this location for their monthly social. I don't enjoy trying to listen to the music if they have a 'cornhole' game going on right near the back deck, it's extremely annoying. The accoustics were also annoying inside when they first opened, but now there have been soundproofing panels added all over inside, which improved the situation. I am extremely sad that my favorite server, Alissa, was 'squeezed out' first as a bartender, and then as a server. But I'll return to the Dock as long as Greg, the owner is interested in what I have to say, which I expect to continue.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank luckydotty
Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
“Much better - newly renovated”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Food is decent, they're adding more and more items. The bands are good; they're placed in the right areas to be loud but not TOO loud. We always get Devon, who is a great server! Most of the food is standard bar food, but the service and prices have been good. We've been back several times.

• Visited February 2013
“Horrible experience!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and our 2 kids went in for dinner last week. We had to sit ourselves because the waitresses and the manager (a mid thirtys dark haired man) were all goofing off and didn't even realize we walked in. We felt completely ignored. I also add that they only had 2 other tables in the restaurant. After 5 minutes of sitting there without drinks or menus finally the manager (Ben) came over to our table and didn't even apologize for the wait after we told him how long we had been waiting. When our drinks finally came we then ordered an appetizer. We were very unhappy with what we ordered. We ordered gator tail and it was extremely chewy and fishy. I Then told the manager Ben and all he again, didn't even apologize. When our prime rib came out it was over done. I ordered it medium rare and I got it well done. Not to mention out drinks needed a refill for about 10 minutes and I never received one. After asking TWICE. I will never eat at dock 633 ever again and I make sure to tell all my friends and family on a daily basis how horrible my experience was there. A lot of my friends and family said they will never eat there becaus of the service I recieved when i was there.

4 Thank Tanlines0131
“Absolutely terrible.”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Food was over cooked, sat at table for a good 5 minutes before anyone came over to us, meanwhile servers were gathered in back area playing around, "manager" came over to introduce himself and could not stop sniffing and was extremely cocky, will not be returning there

2 Thank homegrown27