“Convenient, friendly place for lunch in Lake Placid, Florida”

Chef Buddy Italian Deli
Ranked #11 of 50 Restaurants in Lake Placid
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: an EXCELLENT find ! tucked away in a quint strip mall. exellent food, reasonable priced
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Nice assortment of sandwiches and salads. Tuna plate was excellent and vegetables were cut in small pieces, which made them a lot easier to eat and which I really like. There are a few tables outside. If you're in town, check it out.

1  Thank Sandra Z

Reviewed January 5, 2013

My pastrami sandwich was the best I have ever had. My wife's tuna plate was the best she has ever had. The staff was great. Walk around the immediate area and see the murals painted on nearby buildings, a very enjoyable way to stretch your legs.

1  Thank IAMAPI
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch due to reviews. Cute little place with a patio. Subs are fine, but the large is simply too small to share....each half is only 3-4". Suggest you each get a small for yourself. Service is amazingly warm & very friendly.

1  Thank Strawberry_Rubia
Reviewed November 22, 2012

This is a good place for lunch. Small interior. Take-out is available. Very friendly owners and staff. Seem to enjoy answering questions about food. Deli Case. The subs may seem a bit expensive, but they are large and come with a side of pasta. I usually split the sub with another person. I like the Chef Buddy Special Sub. Everything is freshly prepared. One day, I will try the mozzarella, the crab sandwich and cannoli.
I have purchased deli food from the case (1/2 lb of genoa salami, green Sicilian olives, dried - black spicy olives, pasta salad, artichoke salad) and taken it home to put on a platter with a few other items. Then, break-out a bottle of Chianti or Barolo and Voila! You are enjoying an Italian deli in your own home. Italian wine goes great with the olives and salami.

1  Thank MacNCheeseMom
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Went to Chef Buddy's on the recommendation of a friend, and boy am I glad I did. I bought a pound of the fresh mozzerella, it is heaven!!! Wanted to buy salami also but they were out, the girl promptly told me when it will be in, and I will be back for it. Great service and the mozzerella gets my 5 star rating!!!!

1  Thank Cookie K