“Wear comfy clothes and enjoy a mellow afternoon”

Henscratch Farms Vineyard & Winery
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Live music is often times offered for entertainment but without it you will still enjoy your visit to the Henscratch. We brought along offerings for the loose chickens ( box of cheerios) and very much enjoyed the self-tour and the wine tasting. This is not fancy, just simple country atmosphere and good wine. They also sell in salsas in addition to the wines. Sampling of wines as I recall are $1 per sampling. The free range chickens, the unique specie of foul and the resident hog make for fun times as you enjoy the peace and quiet of Lake Placid area. I have referred others here to enjoy a laid back mellow trip in casual attire.

All reviews
"chickens running"
"great place to visit"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Fun place to take visitors. Florida sweet wine, salsas, jellies and much more! Feed the free range chickens, Winery in a silo. U-Pick blueberries and strawberries. Check local listings for entertainment. We heard some great blue grass the last time we were there.

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

We visited during what the called a straberry festival. The had live music and there was a bbq vendor selling food. They also have an icecream shack and another place that was selling hotdogs.

I was a little disappointed that they didnt have a regular wine tasting like I've had at other wineries, but they did have samples available. I also would have thought the strawberry u pick would have been open, since it was a strawberry festival, but it wasn't.

The guys in the wine room were super friendly as was the lady working the wine bar. The only not so friendly one was the cashier in the main gift shop. Acted like she was doing us a favor.

Overall we had a nice afternoon; even though everything closed down at 2pm. kinda early we thought.

1  Thank Gina A
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I was in the area and decided to make the trip out to visit Henscratch Farms Vineyard & Winery. When I pulled onto the property and there were people sitting around in lawn chairs and a band was playing. The atmosphere was amazing as were the people that were participating. I met some fun people that were down in the area on vacation and they quickly invited me to join in with them for some fun. After doing a tasting I made my way back to them and we all enjoyed some wine, music and a great setting. There were some animals loose on the property, just as a warning to people who are not a fan of animals. The staff was great and you could tell they were having a great time. The tasting was a little skimpy but the great tasting wine made up for it. Make sure to visit their website for any events going on. I was told that they do events often and I had a very good time. Great people, great wine, great country setting and music…what more can you say in a review. Country Blush was very good – Blueberry, Strawberry and Raspberry are all very good, you can definitely taste the quality of the fruit.

1  Thank Mike P
See more reviews
Reviewed December 7, 2013

This was a fun place. I believe it is a 22 acre farm. They have fields of grape vines and make their own wine and have wine tastings in the gift shop. They have fields of hydroponic strawberry plants. They will be ready around Christmas time thru March. I've heard that they are delicious and better than most store bought berries. The gift shop is cute with all kinds of gourmet foods like jams, jellies, pickled products, different kinds of infused oils, wines and other gifts. There are chickens and roosters running around loose, but they didn't bother me, thank goodness, because I am scared of anything with feathers. Saw some ducks too and Harley, a big wild boar, whom they have had since he was a baby. And at certain times of the year, they have bands playing and other festivities. This was our first visit, but we will certainly go again at different times of the year to experience all tht they have. Can't wait to try the strawberries. I've bought their Christmas Jam (strawberries and cranberries) and it is delicious.

2  Thank Marie C