“A TASTE OF THE OLD SOUTH”
Review of Barbie's Place

Barbie's Place
Ranked #8 of 43 Restaurants in Lake Park
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We go to this place on Sunday's for a great breakfast about once a month. Although it is just a large open room it has a certain charm of the old family country restaurants. Seating is primarily booths and a counter. The crowd is all locals and there are usually motorcycles and pickup trucks in the parking lot. The staff has been there for years and are all very pleasant and hospitable. The prices are a throw back to the 80's. I love the scrambled eggs and home fries and for only $2.50 it is amazing. Be sure to try the "deep fried home fries, well done" . You won't find them any where else. The rest of the menu is typical with biscuits and gravy, steak and eggs and of course "grits". lunch is just what you would expect in this kind of restaurant and the prices are equally unbelievable.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Great food and fast service. Super waitresses and atmosphere.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

Great burger! Great stuffed peppers and mashed! Staff is always friendly and the locals are...interesting...

Reviewed January 3, 2012

I've been going to this restaurant for nearly 30 years. I always order the same thing - 1/2 order of eggs benedict with hash browns; egg cooked easy. It is the best breakfast anywhere. All their food must be good based on the number of people they feed everyday. When I know I'm going to West Palm Beach I start dreaming about Barbie's eggs benedict weeks before I leave home. This is one of those places that definitely should be featured on "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives". Be sure to use Google Maps or GPS - its not on the beaten path.

Reviewed July 2, 2011

This place is a gem. Pretty clean.....very reasonable prices....friendly staff...looks like there are a lot of regulars here. I bumped into this place by accident, and I'm glad I did. I ordered 2 eggs with the 1/2 ham steak. Thank God I only got the half size! It must have been 8 ounces. And delicious.