“We need to come here more often”
Review of Pelican Cafe

Pelican Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Pelican Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 43 Restaurants in Lake Park
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, LIVE MUSIC Every Mon & Tues Night, Select Sun nights. Owners and neighbors from Greenwich, CT understand what great dining is all about. Come visit our beautiful restaurant with a charming New England ambiance; "Where Nantucket meets the Florida Keys"Mark is a Navy Veteran and has a passion for great food and customer hospitality. Some of the dishes on the menu were inspired by his Italian upbringing; "Try Mom Frangione’s Sunday Gravy for a taste of Italia’. Proud Owners - Mark Frangione & Karen Howe The restaurant was built by Mr. Harry Seymour Kelsey the founder of Lake Park, FL in the 1920's. Kelsey had owned restaurants, bakeries and a farm and then sold his restaurant enterprise to Waldorf Hotel System. The Pelican Cafe was built in the 1930's as one of Mr. Kelsey's guest homes. The Park across the street from the Pelican Cafe is named in Mr. Kelsey's honor. We are delighted to carry on his legacy with excellence in food and service.
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Pelican Cafe is a few miles further than we generally travel for dinner unless it's an occasion. But I've decided we need to make our circle larger because this is one of the finest restaurants in Palm Beach County and perhaps beyond. It's not often that a restaurant gets just about everything right. The other night we were celebrating a special day for us and we were greeted by thousands of twinkling lights which somehow welcome before you even enter. I love the people here, they are so warm and welcoming and genuinely want everyone to have a spectacular meal.

I had made a reservation and mentioned where we'd like to sit. It's been a long time since I've seen a card with our name on a table and it's a tradition I have missed. From the outset our server, Jeffery, was so pleasant and considerate with our order and throughout our meal. While it's hard to believe he remembered us from our last visit, he said he did. It was incredibly hard to make a menu choice because the menu offers a range of delicious appetizers, entrees, and sides along with mouth watering specials.

There was hardly a moment that the owner, Mark, wasn't somewhere in the room talking with regulars as well as equally warm and welcoming with us. Seeing I was wrestling a bit with my lamb shank, he offered to take it back to the kitchen to take it off the bone. Just an added touch that made me feel special.

The food is cooked to perfection and beautifully presented. We've only dined here 5 or 6 times, but we've never had anything but an amazing meal. There is nothing ordinary about Pelican Cafe. If you like to get away from the standard fare of a chain, the typical seafood restaurants all over South Florida, or if you long or wish for just a touch of New England like I do, Pelican Cafe is a wonderful choice. I would keep it a secret, but the word's already out.

khowe, Owner at Pelican Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Dear Heather: We can't thank you enough for the glowing review and noticing all the little touches that make us special. Mark and I take great pride in owning our own restaurant and serving wonderful customers like yourself. We are truly blessed. I'll share your review with Jeffrey and the staff. Happy Holidays to you and yours - Best Regards, Karen, Mark and the Pelican Team

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Love this cozy cottage restaurant. The owners are genuinely caring and check all the patrons to make sure everything is going well. Love the blueberry pancakes and eggs Benedict. The staff is great and simply a wonderful experience. I try to go every week!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We have been going to the Pelican for great dinners for five years of visiting West Palm. This time we discovered they serve lunch and Sunday brunch. Wonderful food. My wife is a eggs benedict fan it is very hard to find anywhere that knows how to cook the eggs and makes a good hollandaise sauce. Pelican does both and the entire menu is outstanding. Same wonderful service and always have a bloody mary.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Bought a voucher that Amazon local then saw mixed reviews.
However went along for my surf & turf with a drink.
The starters were so good and difficult to choose, so we had three.
The wild mushrooms were excellent and the hot smoke salmon moose was superb.
When the surf & turf arrived the steak was lovely and tender the scallops were cooked to perfection and the chips were real chips.
We will be back so I can try the seafood platter.
The staff were excellent

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Had a delicious brunch on a sunny Sunday morning in this charming restaurant with very outstanding staff. Even before the meal came, they offered us two of their delicious donuts. Sinful before the banana and pecan waffles, which were delicious. Will definitely go back for dinner.