“Pretty gardens outside & Great food & Art work inside !!!”
Review of Pelican Cafe

Pelican Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Pelican Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 40 Restaurants in Lake Park
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: LIVE MUSIC Every Tues, Thurs, and select Fridays this Summer. Owners and neighbors from Greenwich, CT understand what great dining is all about. Come visit our beautiful restaurant with a charming New England ambiance;"Where Nantucket meets the Florida Keys"Mark is a Navy Veteran and has a passion for great food and customer hospitality. Some of the dishes on the menu were inspired by his Italian upbringing; "Try Mom Frangione’s Sunday Gravy for a taste of Italia’. Proud Owners - Mark Frangione & Karen Howe The restaurant was built by Mr. Harry Seymour Kelsey the founder of Lake Park, FL in the 1920's. Kelsey had owned restaurants, bakeries and a farm and then sold his restaurant enterprise to Waldorf Hotel System. The Pelican Cafe was built in the 1930's as one of Mr. Kelsey's guest homes. The Park across the street from the Pelican Cafe is named in Mr. Kelsey's honor. We are delighted to carry on his legacy with excellence in food and service.
Jupiter fl.
“Pretty gardens outside & Great food & Art work inside !!!”
Reviewed June 11, 2011

The garlic bread melts in your mouth while you enjoy a glass of wine. The menu has something for every taste, my chicken parm. was the best I ever had and I took home half for dinner the next day.My wife had the catch of the day and also thought it was the best ever.We shared a piece of Pineapple Upside Down cake for desert and it was better then Mom use to make ! The coffee was hot and the Port wine was chilled, a great way to end a perfect dinning experience. Congratulations to owners Marc and Karen for making the Pelican such a warm and friendly place to dine.

1 Thank InjunJupiter

Palm Harbor, Florida
“Sensational”
Reviewed June 9, 2011

A recent trip to the area took us to the Pelican Cafe for a Sunday Brunch. Not being from the area we drove by and loved the looks and charm of the cafe, decided to stop in, We were extremely pleased by the hospitality and service. The family invovlement shows in the warmth and friendly atmosphere. But best of all was, aside from the ambience, was the delicious food, and exceptional service. Can't wait to return!!

• Visited April 2011
Jupiter, Florida
“Pelican Cafe is a hidden gem in Lake Park that has something for everyone!”
Reviewed June 9, 2011

We have enjoyed many meals at the Pelican Cafe and can honestly say, we have never had a bad meal...We have a family of picky eaters but somehow, the Pelican is able to satisfy everyone's tastes and does it outstandingly well. From pasta to fresh seafood to the juiciest burgers that you have ever had for dinner; to the salads, sandwiches and mouth-watering soups at lunch; to the waffles, eggs and donuts at breakfast - this place is like having a short-order cook in your own home! Karen and Mark have made it like a home to every patron that walks in the door and you can tell the pride that they take in the place. Well worth the drive from anywhere!!!!

• Visited June 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
“You can't beat the food, service and personality of this gem!”
Reviewed May 17, 2011

I went to the Pelican Café after looking around for good places to dine around Singer Island area where I was vacationing for a long weekend. I work in food and wine and tend to do my homework before choosing dining destinations. I read great reviews about the Pelican and it lived up to all the praise. The food was exceptional, service outstanding and the owner (Mark) is one of the greatest hosts I’ve ever had the pleasure of meeting. When you walk into the Pelican you feel as if you are walking into his home and he makes sure you leave full, happy. I’d go again just to hang out with him!!

If you go (which you must), you have to get the Hawaiian style calamari as an appetizer. It’s like nothing I’ve ever had before and would eat it every day if I could. For entrees we all got something different, but swapped dishes and each was better then the next. I’d recommend the linguini with clam sauce (it’s not oily at all and amazingly fresh) or the shrimp fra divalo (it’s not on the menu, but Mark will whip it up for you). Also, it has a great wine list to choose from. We got a bottle (or 2…) of Gavi di Gavi which was a great fit for our meals.

If you aren’t staying near Singer Island, this place is worth the trip. We went on a Friday night and the place was packed. Make a reservation and make sure to meet Mark!!

The Villages
“Surprise”
Reviewed May 7, 2011

Great high end restaurant. Wonderful menu. The lobster bisque was exceptional. The lobster ravioli was beyond belief. My wife had the filet which was also excellent. From the outside it does not look like a high end restaurant, but it is. Service is exceptional, food is great and the atmosphere reminds me of a small restaurant if the Rhone Valley.